Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do You Want Buying Players From Un-Managed Clubs To Be Allowed?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

There is something that nobody has mentioned yet, I'll go along with the idea that bigger teams have an advantage to buying these players should buying from unmanaged be turned on, but..... If they did buy one of these players would it not free up other players within the big clubs current squad for transfer??? Just because they had the means to bring in a player does not necessarily mean the end of the transfer merry-go-round if they bag said player...

That's a fair point. However, I think it's being too idealistic. Even if the bigger team does end up buying the player from an unmanaged club, it doesn't exactly mean that another is going to leave. The bigger club has no need to sell any players regardless of new players arriving or not. I mean, a lot of these clubs have amassed a large collection of players as is, proving the fact that they have no real urgent need to sell.
    For me there is no scenario where allowing buying from unmanaged damages the market and for me that's the best part of the game, of course there is the flip side where these clubs will be plundered but there is not exactly a que around the corner to take them over as is...

Well, the argument will essentially hinge on our aspirations to fill the game world once more. If we feel that this is still a possibility then we should do our utmost to preserve the teams which are available to incoming managers. However, if we are going to resign ourselves to essentially just having a 3 tier league with an unmanaged fourth tier then yes, there is a strong argument for allowing buying from unmanaged clubs.

As other people have mentioned, there is a clearly a problem. However, I don't think this is the solution to it at all, and it's certainly not a long term solution. There are possible solutions, but unfortunately none of them can be implemented as of yet. The main couple have already been mentioned in this thread but it's up to SM to implement them. Firstly, they need to fix the concern levels so that players develop concerns that little bit quicker. Secondly, an enforceable squad cap should be introduced. Even if they brought in something like 30 in the first team and 20/30 in the youth team, or even allowed game world owners to choose their own squad caps at the outset of their own game world.

To be honest, I can't see either of these systems being implemented, although the latter realistically wouldn't be able to be implemented into existing worlds anyway. However, one would imagine though that both should be fairly straight forward systems to implement.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

No
    Hmm... How about this for a thought....

The Valencia auction got me thinking on this.... Again this is idolostic and probably unenforceable but an interesting take on this topic none the less....

What if unmanaged was turned on and no d1 clubs would buy???

It opens up possibilities, just from my own perspective, I've no money and happy enough with my squad so not pushed so much on this topic, more thinking out loud....

Never going to happen but it would be interesting to see how it would affect the GW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

If it's opened up I'll be bidding

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Unenforceable rules are never going to work this late in the game, since people can just not post here and then say they never saw them (and in fact, many probably just won't see them). Same as I said with squad caps, it's too late to try bringing in those sorts of request now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Unenforceable rules are never going to work this late in the game, since people can just not post here and then say they never saw them (and in fact, many probably just won't see them). Same as I said with squad caps, it's too late to try bringing in those sorts of request now.

Yep, i agree, we can't move the goalposts now after a couple of seasons. As with any rule thou there has to be a way of enforcing it. There is no point putting in a squad cap if managers can build massive squads anyway without repercussions.

• Advertisement
Advertisement