Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1471 Service

Options
  • 02-07-2014 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

Why when I use 1471 and the number is not held, I get this message.

"The last unanswered call to the number was unavailable"

You can't include when it was?  It could have been 5 minutes, 5 days or 5 weeks ago, so its not much help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Maphisto wrote: »

You can't include when it was?  It could have been 5 minutes, 5 days or 5 weeks ago, so its not much help.
    Hi Maphisto

Yes I can confirm that the 1471 service will not recognise withheld/private numbers. There is no workaround this unfortunately.

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Maphisto

Hi Maphisto

Yes I can confirm that the 1471 service will not recognise withheld/private numbers. There is no workaround this unfortunately.

Al
    Alan I get that you can't tell the number.  Can't you tell me when it was?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Maphisto

Al
    Alan I get that you can't tell the number.  Can't you tell me when it was?
    Apologies Maphisto

Unfortunately this is not possible either I'm afraid. The 1471 service cannot provide any information surrounding a call from a private number.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement