Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless mouse

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

You get what you pay for. If this is a mouse you will use as your primary device then spend a few quid and buy something decent which feels and works like you want, there are some woeful things out there !

I use my wireless mouse a lot - 4 hours plus most days of the week - it's an Apple Magic Mouse which is Bluetooth - and I get about 3 to 4 months from a pair of Duracell AA batteries. If your computer has Bluetooth then consider making use of it as it saves using an extra wireless dongle which will take up a USB port.

Ken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭GoodLord

ZENER wrote: »
    You get what you pay for. If this is a mouse you will use as your primary device then spend a few quid and buy something decent which feels and works like you want, there are some woeful things out there !

I use my wireless mouse a lot - 4 hours plus most days of the week - it's an Apple Magic Mouse which is Bluetooth - and I get about 3 to 4 months from a pair of Duracell AA batteries. If your computer has Bluetooth then consider making use of it as it saves using an extra wireless dongle which will take up a USB port.

Ken
    i do not have bluetooth and have a dongle already
    is there another dongle needed for the keyboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

The link you gave shows a keyboard, mouse and a small USB dongle. The dongle is proprietary and is required for the keyboard/mouse to work.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

I've had a Logitech MX series mouse for years. It has an inbuilt battery which charges from stand/wireless point. It's really comfortable to use and it doesn't fall apart when dropped on a solid floor. I can't remember the model number, it was on the mouse but it's worn off.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,450 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I wouldn't bother with a mouse with built-in rechargeable battery. My Logitech M-1000 wireless mouse takes 2 X AA batteries and they last several months. Currently using the last of the yellow IKEA batteries which are otherwise crap but they're giving good service in this case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 JudeKR

I own a logitech Darkfield and it last approximately 1 week without charge. Great wireless mouse in my opinion

Advertisement