Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Present for Fiance

• 02-07-2014 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I have just gotten engaged which is mad to even type! :) I wanted to get my fiance an engagement present. He got me the ring so i'd like to get him something too to mark the occasion.

Has anyone done anything similar? I'd love to hear your ideas. Thanks. ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Congratulations!
    I will definitely get my boyfriend a ring when the time comes, as I know he would love it.
    Does your FIANCE like jewelry? You could get him an engraved watch, or hip flask, if he likes a wee dram.
    What hobbies has he got? You could get him a leather bound notebook or something sports related if he likes that stuff!
    It would certainly be nice to get him something he will have forever.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,929 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

A watch would be a good one, maybe something unusual like a pocket watch? He could wear it on the wedding day and other special occasions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I got my fiancé an iPod and had it engraved. We're both into music and he was going to put in a lot of effort into making playlists for the wedding so it fit well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Thanks guys. Fab ideas. He's not so much into jewellery at all, actually. I doubt he'd wear a watch. :( I like the iPod idea though. Thinking outside the box... good work!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Wurly wrote: »
    Thanks guys. Fab ideas. He's not so much into jewellery at all, actually. I doubt he'd wear a watch. :( I like the iPod idea though. Thinking outside the box... good work!! ;)

Glad you like it :) you can get them engraved for free if you buy off the Apple web site

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

bee06 wrote: »
    Glad you like it :) you can get them engraved for free if you buy off the Apple web site
    OOh, great to know. Thanks so much. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I got him a PS3!

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

Got engaged a couple of months ago and hadn't really thought about getting him a gift...I already know what I'm getting him as a wedding present-his dream watch!

I really like the idea of the iPod or getting something engraved. I got him cuff links and a tie pin both engraved a couple of years ago as a present for no reason. I just wanted to give him something! It's personal and perfect for a guy who doesn't wear jewellery!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I got him a nice watch, he was delighted with it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

When we got engaged my fiancé got me a signed Munster jersey and had it framed. Have it up on the sitting room wall and love it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I wouldn't get an iPod or something with a limited shelf life. An engagement ring is a forever thing so if you want to give a similar sentiment style gift I'd go with a watch or cufflinks or something he'll have forever.

Advertisement