Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MIX: IEC+kiddo; construction job in Alberta; study permits

Options
  • 02-07-2014 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hey guys!

Sorry for starting new thread, I am a bit lost.

We are planning to move to Alberta (Calgary or Red deer). I can't find info on how much money I need to show if I take my 3 year old with me?

If I (28, BA hon degree in Business with Psychology) go on IEC visa and take my daughter with me, how much money I need on my bank account?

Also, my husband (38) worked in construction (teleporter driver, but he was last person to get redundant when the recession started because he is quite skilled in many areas) until 2008. Is there a chance he can go with me on tourist visa and try to get a job while there or this is impossible? He has no formal education, just certificates that are already expired.

We also think he can go study there, but in this case I understand we need to show enough funds for all two years of study (diploma) ? Can someone confirm?

We will be able to have enough for one year: tuition fee +10 k for his student expenses + 4 k for me + 3 k for the child as official page suggests - (cic.gc)

But there is no way we can double it as this would be 29k x 2 = 58 k!

If anyone went to Canada to study with family, can you please confirm if you had to show enough funds for one year or for all study duration?

Sorry for so many Q, we trying to figure out what are our best options here to go together.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement