Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre workout and fat loss

Options
  • 02-07-2014 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Looking for a bit if guidance. I stoped training about 4 months ago due to a double of niggle injurys and just got fed up of training sometimes twice a day for over a year! In that time I've but on about two stone.
    Any how I'm back training again and making steady progress however my question...is taking a pre workout going to affect or even slow down fat loss??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Any extra calories will slow down fat loss. Pick a number and aim for that, whether a sugary drink before working out is part of that or not isn't hugely important, your daily total is what matters.

Personally I wouldn't. Eat proper meals and you should be covered for energy for working out.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭twistables

Thanks for your reply, I usually train first thing in the morning after the school run and always train on empty stomach as I'm not a morning person at all.
    I think you've answered my question, it won't massively affect fat loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭generic2012

The vast majority of pre-workouts are based on caffeine. Pure caffeine - doesn't contain calories, increases metabolism, and will give you real energy.

Advertisement