Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anybody interested in a ride out to Turlough Hill hydro station on Sunday 13th July?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Yep should be able to make this, treating the mrs to a night out Friday so its safe to say permission slip will be signed!:D

BTW the map url is incorrect, try this instead,https://goo.gl/maps/EBcIQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Will I do a picnic basket?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Will I do a picnic basket?

Make it for 4.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Wow, that sounds cool! I'll try to go, what time? Earlier the better for me, will have to be back by 3pm I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Just headin in to work now, I'll check it out later, I think it opens at about 10, and you may have to book if theres more than 10.

• Advertisement

Sure we can meet up early and do the tour and then who ever wants to go for a nice spin afterwards can.....

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Sounds good!

From the Esb website
    "Special public weekend tours are available during 12-13th July and 9-10th August from 10.00am to 3.30pm. No booking required for these weekends"
    Maybe meet up at about 10.30 @ hills garage and head up for the tour?

ITS A DATE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

I heard about this and would be really interested in going to see it!

I'll have to see what my head is like after Saturday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

That date clashes with Real Road Racing in Walderstown (near Athlone).
    Practice is Saturday 12th July.
    Race day is Sunday 13th July.

That date clashes with Real Road Racing in Walderstown (near Athlone).
    Practice is Saturday 12th July.
    Race day is Sunday 13th July.

AHHHH BOLL@#KS!!!!!! :mad::mad:

I'll send an email off asking to postpone the event:D
    I'll be goin up anyway, fascinated by these things!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Looks grand! It can be my first spin on the new bike. Pretty sure i don't have anything on that Sunday but will double check later

I'm still on for it but have to be hone by 3pm. Who else is coming?

I'll be goin anyway, seems like a thing to to do, an objective! Subject to the tdm being split and put back with new rings and seals. (thanks ED :))

Sorry lads would have loved to go.....totally forgot that it clashes with the Road Races.

Apologies Guys. :(:(

So are we meeting at 10.30 in hills garage? I'll be there. Who else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Zascar wrote: »
    So are we meeting at 10.30 in hills garage? I'll be there. Who else?

Sure its still a week away so I haven't a clue yet if I'm gonna make it.

LOL! Ah jeasus I got my dates all wrong. Duh!
    Shyte I was looking forward to a spin anyway. Anyone out tomorrow morning anyway?

• Advertisement

Zascar wrote: »
    LOL! Ah jeasus I got my dates all wrong. Duh!
    Shyte I was looking forward to a spin anyway. Anyone out tomorrow morning anyway?

LOL, you all loved up Zascar!!! Dont know what day of the week it is never mind the week...:o:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,614 ✭✭✭prunudo

Just reading here in the local rag that they're doing open days on the 9th & 10th of August too for anyone that's not around this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

They also run free tours during the week for those who work the weekends.

See here to book

ESB is offering FREE guided tours of the Turlough Hill generating station which is located around 1.5km through a tunnel in the picturesque Wicklow mountains. The facility is situated on the Wicklow Gap close to the Monastic site at Glendalough and can be accessed by following the R756. The free guided tour will last approximately one hour and participants will cover almost 3km, round trip on foot.
    The tour is wheelchair and buggy accessible.
    Guided tours are available every Tuesday to Friday during the months of June, July and August at 10am, 11:30am, 2pm and 3:30pm.
    Special public weekend tours are available during 12-13th July and 9-10th August from 10.00am to 3.30pm. No booking required for these weekends.
    Booking is essential for weekday tours. Numbers are limited to 40 persons per tour. Terms & conditions apply

So the parts for the bike came in and its going to be done over the weekend, hopefully I'll have it back by Sunday but I'm not bettin on it :(
    I may or may not make it

So the parts for the bike came in and its going to be done over the weekend, hopefully I'll have it back by Sunday but I'm not bettin on it :(
    I may or may not make it

WHA'

With a name like "SKILL MAGILL" and you cant get the boike sorted......ahh here leave it ou'

:D

You're right! If the rings and seals are all the correct ones and theres no fúck ups, should make it, a 10 min job :)

Ed is costing me a fortune, next time i ride behind him (ooer missus!) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

I hope that its worth.. and its not me costing you but your bellowed TDM that was bleeding for long time and you didnt care... lol i hope that she will be alright asap

Gonna have to forego this one, bikeless at the moment, blame Ed and his "ooh the oily mist coming from the back of your bike is playing havoc with my complexion", had to get it sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

When you told me that your TDM is "smoking hot" looking i never though that its gonna be so much...

Now fix that bike and enjoy her even more.

Advertisement