Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does Horizon box work resting on its side?

• 02-07-2014 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi, has anyone tried positioning their horizon box on its side? I have a small old tv in the corner of my kitchen counter, I'd like about a 26" TV there but the only room for the horizon box would be on its side beside it? On the UPC website today I was on web chat with a UPC person and they said it should be ok, but, some of these web chat helpers are in the likes of India and don't have a clue about certain stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

wall wrote: »
    Hi, has anyone tried positioning their horizon box on its side? I have a small old tv in the corner of my kitchen counter, I'd like about a 26" TV there but the only room for the horizon box would be on its side beside it? On the UPC website today I was on web chat with a UPC person and they said it should be ok, but, some of these web chat helpers are in the likes of India and don't have a clue about certain stuff.

Yes it works on its side but should be in a ventilated area and not squashed into a press.......and all of UPC's call staff are in Ireland...many of them in my home city of Limerick to be precise.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭wall

Thanks, I'll try it tomorrow.
    Re call centre staff, I suppose I'm just suspicious of these web chat people after dealings I had with O2 last year, their web chat people were in India even though they had names like Roisin or Sean, I thought the Roisin I was chatting with was drunk, it was just she couldn't speak English proper and hadn't a clue about O2 services here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

wall wrote: »
    Thanks, I'll try it tomorrow.
    Re call centre staff, I suppose I'm just suspicious of these web chat people after dealings I had with O2 last year, their web chat people were in India even though they had names like Roisin or Sean, I thought the Roisin I was chatting with was drunk, it was just she couldn't speak English proper and hadn't a clue about O2 services here.

I know what your saying about call centres, many now use poorly setup voip lines in there call centres so there hard to understand and due to different accents one has a problem understanding each other....and some cant understand you and I as well :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

What's most important is that you don't stand it on a side with vents. My Horizon box has air vents on the right but not on the left so it would be safe to stand it on it's left side since that would have no effect on the air flow.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

we might leave the general call centre chat elsewhere

• Advertisement
Advertisement