Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Program Advice

Options
  • 02-07-2014 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hey all,

Just getting back into the gym after working on mobility and playing sports for the last few months and I am looking for some advice on the following program. I'm looking for an overall body workout in a 3 day split concentrating on the main compound lifts. Trying to keep it under an hour with 10/15mins for a warm up. I was just wondering if I've included everything and if everything is in a decent order.

Day 1
    Squat (4x5)
    BB row (3x8)
    DB bench (3x12)
    Single leg work supplementary (4x12) (e.g. Bulgarian split squats, SLDL)
    Core and conditioning

Day 2
    Trapbar DL (4x5)
    Pull ups (3x8)
    Hip thrusts (3x12)
    Shoulders and Lat supplementary (4x12) (Lat raises, shrugs etc)
    Core and conditioning

Day 3
    Bench (4x5)
    Front squats (3x8)
    RDL (3x12)
    Bis & tris supplementary (4x12)
    Core and conditioning

The core and conditioning will vary depending on what's available in the gym and how I'm feeling. Also I will try to do a 4th day of pistol squats, pull ups and dips on the gymnastic rings in the gym and press ups.

How does that look? Any info/criticism gladly taken on board.

Cheers,

h

Advertisement