Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just unfair

Options
  • 02-07-2014 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭

hello
    I've received an infraction from the mod humanji for "personal abuse" in the thread titled "ssm referendum spring 2015"i ask that you review my posts in this thread as I feel I've been both fair and respectful to all.for the post I received the infraction for I was being sarcastic at worst and I feel the post was taken this way by all involved as nobody objected to it.
    people and institutions have been the victims of much worse abuse in the thread including myself who was labelled "hateful and bigoted" by another.action was only taken on that matter when I flagged it but none of my posts were flagged and I receive a ban from the thread.
    I feel I have been singled out for having a strong view that opposes the status quo and I articulate it well.
    thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Hi fran,

Have you contacted humanji?

On the front of it, it does looked deserved. You made a comment that was very likely to rile another poster and to get a response. When baiting/flaming occurs, it is nearly always done in a sarcastic way so I am afraid that this is a poor stance for a defence.

I will, however, look into it a bit more.

Micky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

Hi fran,

Have you contacted humanji?

On the front of it, it does looked deserved. You made a comment that was very likely to rile another poster and to get a response. When baiting/flaming occurs, it is nearly always done in a sarcastic way so I am afraid that this is a poor stance for a defence.

I will, however, look into it a bit more.

Micky

Hi mick,
    Yes this is the first thing I done and of course it proved fruitless as always with humanji.I have been targeted in the past for having a point of view that he/she disproves of.
    This infraction is IMHO because I had a valid point which the thread mod could not answer and reacted childishly to.this same mod answered one of my points with classy remark "dunno what **** your on about" is this not an overwhelming case of likely to rile another poster and not to mention insulting?
    Thank you for your time in this matter

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

The mods and CMods have enough on their plate dealing with that thread, so let's just deal with this now. That post deserved an infraction as it was a thinly veiled insult that personalised the interaction.

Also, I've just seen another of your posts in the thread so I suspect this DR will become the least of your concerns.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement