Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland crap customer service

Options
  • 02-07-2014 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

Went to BOI to lodge money for Scout troop today. Tried to Lodge 5k annual fees plus had a sundry 3 Euro to lodge. WTF bank would accept my lodgement but not my 2 Euro and one Euro coin. So teller changes my lodgement and returns my 3 Euro because they don't take coin on a we'd. What a craps service! Bank management in Ireland have lost the plot. First rule of business is never refuse money. What idiot creates these rules?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

3 euro? Hardly worth getting worked up over for god's sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 kaygee

SeaDaily wrote: »
    3 euro? Hardly worth getting worked up over for god's sake.
    Its not the amount, its the principle, today its coin, tomorrow its cash or cheques, I have already been informed that I cannot lodge cheques or cash to my business account unless I use the automated lodgement where you might wait half an hour to get near the lodgement machine and then it pukes your cash/cheques back and goes on strike!!
    Our local branch is run with only 3 or 4 personel now where a couple of years ago there was at least 8 people and you got a proper service....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭kult

One of the reasons why I closed my BOI account. Go and open it somewhere else where they respect you and your money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Folks,

Thanks for your posts.

Our branches do have coin policy in place since October 2013. Sorry to hear you are unhappy with this. The majority of our branches will accept fully bagged coin Tuesdays 10 am -12 noon and all day Friday. As always, here on Boards, we appreciate all feedback from customers and will send this onto our Branch Network Team.

With business cheque lodgements, if there is a self-service option in the branch, staff will ask customers to use this facility. Apologies if you have needed to queue for this service, we would recommend noting this with the branch you are visiting or if you prefer you can certainly send us a PM here and we will have this sent onto the branch for you.

If there are any further queries, please do let us know.

Thanks
    Alison 

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jotspur

Hi.

I am a BOI customer and I want to transfer 400 euro to an AIB account. Can I do this in a BOI branch?

There is a BOI branch in the town I live in but no AIB branch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭The Voice of reason

Jotspur, why not save yourself time and hassle and transfer it online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

jotspur wrote: »
    Hi.

I am a BOI customer and I want to transfer 400 euro to an AIB account. Can I do this in a BOI branch?

There is a BOI branch in the town I live in but no AIB branch.
    Hi jotspur, 

Many thanks for your post. 

As The Voice of reason mentions, Bank of Ireland 365 Online would be the best way to make the transfer. 

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jotspur

I have the phone app and all that jazz but I have never been able to figure out how to transfer money online. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

kult wrote: »
    One of the reasons why I closed my BOI account. Go and open it somewhere else where they respect you and your money.
    This times 100. As if banking hours were not restricted enough BOI decide you can only lodge coins for 2 hours a day. I mean why cant you go to the bank between 10-12 if you need to lodge coins. :rolleyes: Just another example of how little BOI care for their customers.
    Hi Folks,

Thanks for your posts.

Our branches do have coin policy in place since October 2013. Sorry to hear you are unhappy with this. The majority of our branches will accept fully bagged coin Tuesdays 10 am -12 noon and all day Friday. As always, here on Boards, we appreciate all feedback from customers and will send this onto our Branch Network Team.

With business cheque lodgements, if there is a self-service option in the branch, staff will ask customers to use this facility. Apologies if you have needed to queue for this service, we would recommend noting this with the branch you are visiting or if you prefer you can certainly send us a PM here and we will have this sent onto the branch for you.

If there are any further queries, please do let us know.

Thanks
    Alison 

As shown above 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi jotspur, 

Thanks for your post. 

To transfer money to another account online, you'll first need to register the account details as a payee. There are a number of ways in which you can add a Payee including via the 'Add Payee' link found above the 'Quick Transfer' tool. Alternatively you can do the following: 

On the left had navigation bar select 'Money Transfer'.
    From the list provided select 'Add a Payee'
    Choose the type of payee you wish to add from the list provided. 
    Next, choose a security code delivery method (by mobile phone or by post) and click continue. You can then being entering the payee details. 

Once you receive the security code, go to the 'Manage Payees' page via 'Manage Accounts' on the left hand navigation page to activate the payee. 

For more information on adding a payee, please see here on our website. 

If you need any more help, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 JDMalone

Hi, Can you confirm if your South Mall branch in Cork will accept coin lodgements all day on Friday? Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

JDMalone wrote: »
    Hi, Can you confirm if your South Mall branch in Cork will accept coin lodgements all day on Friday? Thanks!
    Hi JDMalone, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to Boards.ie

South Mall accepts coin lodgements all day on Friday. 

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement