Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Qaud bikes spraying the paths at midnight?!

Options
  • 03-07-2014 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭

Just had a most unusual encounter in Phibsboro. Heard unusual motor noise outside, look out to see two quad bikes disappearing slowly up the road, the two lads holding out something against the parked cars. I was like - wtf! Thought it might be some kind of parking thing were they were marking the tyres (they do this in USA for timed parking). Went out for a walk and the two were idlying around the corner. Two northern reg quads, one young lad, one older lad, both with those hells angel type helmets (like old german solider helmets). I asked what the story was - they said they were spraying for weeds! I was astonished :) Anyone else every seen them? Is this a thing? Who on earth is paying for two nordie lads to come down to Dublin and spray our paths?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭SilverLiningOK

Saw similar operation in Marino before. They were out Clontarf way earlier in week. Utter nonsense and waste of money. Why is this necessary ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Phibsboro wrote: »
    Who on earth is paying for two nordie lads to come down to Dublin and spray our paths?
    It says a lot when it's cheaper to import two lads on quads than to employ the locals!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Seen them on the Navan Road this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I haven't seen them on quad bikes, but the council do be around my way a few times a year spraying for weeds that grow on the path, just the backpack type sprayer..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

They have been using the quads for the past two years in Cabra

• Advertisement
Advertisement