Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brian Wilson - Marquee Cork 4th July

Options
  • 03-07-2014 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

Anyone know approximately what time this gig ends at?

First time at the Marquee and unsure whether I should get a hostel in Cork or take the last bus into Dublin followed by the Nitelink home.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

karaokeman wrote: »
    Anyone know approximately what time this gig ends at?

First time at the Marquee and unsure whether I should get a hostel in Cork or take the last bus into Dublin followed by the Nitelink home.

I would imagine it would end around 10.30-11pm, but check with Aiken to make sure. They include the times for the gigs on their facebook.

Pixies ended around 10.30, as did Robert Plant

Aircoach run buses back to Dublin at 11pm, 1am, 3am and if you book online up to the day before you travel, it's 10 euros single fare back to Dublin city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I would imagine it would end around 10.30-11pm, but check with Aiken to make sure. They include the times for the gigs on their facebook.

Pixies ended around 10.30, as did Robert Plant

Aircoach run buses back to Dublin at 11pm, 1am, 3am and if you book online up to the day before you travel, it's 10 euros single fare back to Dublin city centre.

Thanks, is the aircoach terminal close to the Marquee? I want to book a ticket for 11pm, but I want to make sure I'm there in time in case the gig ends closer to 11.

EDIT : Wait, I just noticed I can arrange my pickup point, so I'll give the Marquee details if that's possible?

Thanks, is the aircoach terminal close to the Marquee? I want to book a ticket for 11pm, but I want to make sure I'm there in time in case the gig ends closer to 11.

EDIT : Wait, I just noticed I can arrange my pickup point, so I'll give the Marquee details if that's possible?

The Marquee is about a 20 minute walk from Cork town centre. It is near Pairc Ui Chaoimh.

A taxi from the town centre or Kent Train Station should work out at under 10 euros.

The 202 Bus Eireann service in Cork leaves from near the Bus Eireann station, near Patrick Street, stops in Ballintemple, which includes a stop, from where it is about a 10 minute walk down a hill to the venue. I think this service runs every 20 or 30 minutes during the day but I don't know how regular it is at night.

You might be safer to book the 1am bus back to Dublin because it's a solid 20 minute walk from the venue back to the town centre and to Patrick's Quay at the Metropole Hotel, from where the Aircoach bus leaves.

I don't think they will allow you to use the booking for 11pm on the 1am bus, if you were to miss the 11pm service and then you may end up having to pay again for the 1am service. Give them a ring to confirm, though.

It's 16 euros from Cork to Dublin City Centre, if you do not book online and opt to pay the driver as you get on the bus (which is still very reasonable, but if you miss the 11pm having booked online, you may end up having to pay for the 1am service separately).

Anytime I've got the bus, it only picked up at the quays near the back of the Metropole Hotel. I'm not sure if they will pick up anywhere after they leave Patrick's Quay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

The Marquee is about a 20 minute walk from Cork town centre. It is near Pairc Ui Chaoimh.

A taxi from the town centre or Kent Train Station should work out at under 10 euros.

You might be safer to book the 1am bus back to Dublin because it's a solid 20 minute walk from the venue back to the town centre and to Patrick's Quay at the Metropole Hotel, from where the Aircoach bus leaves.

I don't think they will allow you to use the booking for 11pm on the 1am bus, if you were to miss the 11pm service and then you may end up having to pay again for the 1am service. Give them a ring to confirm, though.

It's 16 euros from Cork to Dublin City Centre, if you do not book online and opt to pay the driver as you get on the bus (which is still very reasonable, but if you miss the 11pm having booked online, you may end up having to pay for the 1am service separately).

Anytime I've got the bus, it only picked up at the quays near the back of the Metropole Hotel. I'm not sure if they will pick up anywhere after they leave Patrick's Quay.

Thanks for all the info, I will definitely take it into consideration for future shows.

I've had a think about it and decided booking a hostel may be my best option just in the off chance I miss the last nitelink when I'm back in Dublin, and I would probably be exhausted if I took the whole night journey back to Leixlip.

Thanks for all the info, I will definitely take it into consideration for future shows.

I've had a think about it and decided booking a hostel may be my best option just in the off chance I miss the last nitelink when I'm back in Dublin, and I would probably be exhausted if I took the whole night journey back to Leixlip.

The 1am generally takes 2 hours 45 minutes to get from Cork to Dublin city centre.

• Advertisement
Advertisement