Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need suit advice - wedding and job interviews

• 03-07-2014 9:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

Edit:/ Also where should i shop? 100-200 euro is as much as i can afford for jacket + trousers + shirt

I need a new suit, multi purpose. Need it for a wedding and 3 possible job interviews for Air Corp, Army and the Gardai.

I think the interviews will take priority. So what style of suit should i be aiming for? I'm thinking a 2 button jacket with slim tie.

I'm a decent sized lad, 1.81m tall, broad shoulders and a slight belly on me. waist 36 to 38.

Found this guide here, should i just follow that? and get something that fits well?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Marks and Spencer is your best port of call I would imagine. They have the best quality suit that your budget allows.

I would recommend a dark navy or grey suit, ideally navy as it will look a little brighter for a wedding yet is professional so it will be good for the interview.

I wouldnt go too skinny on the tie for job interviews especially considering you are going for a military/gardai job I would very much recommend a regular tie. The skinny tie is fine for a wedding but IMO it just isnt as professional as a regular tie. Appearance is extremely important in job interviews as the people interviewing you will have an impression made within minutes if not seconds of meeting you.

Dont take the risk with a skinny tie.

Advertisement