Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Region Locks?

Options
  • 03-07-2014 9:44am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Folks,

I am looking at getting the COD Ghosts Season Pass and CDKeys/Base.com have them for about the €25 mark. The only problem I can see is if the content is region specific.
    Would anyone know if they would work?

Jonny

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Disc's are region free. DLC & codes redeemed on the Store are not. You'll need a US, Or equivalent, Account to redeem them.

If your IRE & US accounts are on the same system however, then you can play the Ghosts with the season pass on your Irish account.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Well they are UK codes so would they work on an irish account?

Nope. All region stores are different. Set up a UK account to redeem.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I was on chat to Shopto.net there and they told me this will work with my irish account :D hopefully that is true

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

jonny24ie wrote: »
    I was on chat to Shopto.net there and they told me this will work with my irish account :D hopefully that is true

You will be able to play it on your Irish account - no doubt about that.
    You may need to create a UK account to download the game.

• Advertisement

I've tried redeeming UK codes and it never works. Sounds like Shopto want a sale mate so they'll say anything. You're definitely gonna need to set up a UK account, unless they give you an Irish region code.

Arrrggghhh now im lost, he told me it was a UK/EUR version of the season pass so will work on my irish account no problem at all.

Either way you'll be able play it so you won't lose money. Setting up a UK is easy and free.

Advertisement