Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What store could I pickup a GTX 760 in?

Options
  • 03-07-2014 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

G'day, I've been looking around at graphics cards for a while, I've decided on a GTX 760, but I would like to pick it up in a real store and not an online store, I live in Dublin, so what store would be good?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

As far as I know the only local place that sells graphics cards of any kind is PC world, and they only have cheaper stuff (nothing as good as the gtx 760).

Any reason you don't want to buy online? Prices would be much better as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Polo2673

I'd just want to do it in real life because if something goes wrong with the card I can speak to somebody face to face about it.

Yeah, I can understand that but I don't think you have any options. Even if PC World sold that card I certainly wouldn't be depending on them for any technical help with a card that's not working.

Amazon UK is excellent for customer service and returns, and you can usually get very good prices as well if you do a bit of comparison shopping. I've bought stuff that was defective there and it was shipped backed at their expense no problems. For stuff that ships free to the UK, Parcel Motel will get it to you in Ireland for only a few extra euros.

If you're unsure about installing or working on your PC, try the PC Building and Upgrading forum on boards. Always somebody to help on an upgrade or build, some guys will even offer to come over in person if you're really stuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I would second Amazon.co.uk. I bought a gfx card there last year, which developed a fault a few months later. After a minute or two speaking to a rep via their webchat service, I was refunded the cost of the card & was sent a return postage label so I could print it out & send the old card back to them (which also covers free registered return postage too). Could not praise them enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

What about CEX ? Are they in Dublin ? Not great value but you could get rid of old stuff for store credit and use that against cost of card ....

Still prefer to buy online meself though ...

• Advertisement

What about CEX ? Are they in Dublin ? Not great value but you could get rid of old stuff for store credit and use that against cost of card ....

Still prefer to buy online meself though ...

Hmm, just took a look at CEX's website now. Never heard of them before. Looks like they buy and sell used stuff? For graphics cards they seem to be charging the same price as new ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Never buy a card in CEX. They still charge 200 euro for old cards like 5870/GTX570. Can be OK for trade-in's occassionally.

Maplins sell the GTX760. Overpriced, but not as bad as I expected from Maplin (think it was 269.99 or thereabouts the time I saw it, which is still some 60 odd euro over online prices). If you know someone that works there, Maplins actually have really good employee discounts. I've gotten tons of hardwere there cheaper than online due to a friend working there.

Advertisement