Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel insurance for period over 31 days

Options
  • 03-07-2014 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

Hi, My dd is heading off inter-railing tomorrow and I didn't purchase the Interrail insurance when we booked her trip as I find that a lot of the travel providers charge premium rates for not v good policies. You can't purchase it now as an add-on.

However, I'm running into difficulties now as her trip is 35 days in duration and seemingly if the trip is more than 31 days you don't qualify for a health insurance discount. I want to ensure she has good cover while away and would welcome any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

My son headed off this morning to go inter-railing and I confess to not bothering with insurance (hope I dont regret it)

My dauughter is doing a student summer internship in the UK and http://cover4travel.com/ offered a very good deal for 3 months

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭chancer12

Gosh, hope he has a good lock for his backpack. have been told that there is some kind of cage under the beds for storage but that they need a good strong lock for it. Hope your son has a wonderful time and returns home safely. Thanks for link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Should have no issue with a single trip policy. I used worldwideinsure when I was interrailing. One thing I would never skimp on is insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭chancer12

Yes, have it sorted now. thanks all

Advertisement