Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of extending my attic roof

Options
  • 03-07-2014 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I have an existing standard attic conversion with 2 velux windows at the back. Now I want to extend the roof out the back, I think I can do this without planning permission as long as it doesn't extend beyond the boundaries of the house. Wondering what I would pay for this? and how much space would I gain? We have a hipped roof

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

JosieMc wrote: »
    I have an existing standard attic conversion with 2 velux windows at the back. Now I want to extend the roof out the back, I think I can do this without planning permission as long as it doesn't extend beyond the boundaries of the house. Wondering what I would pay for this? and how much space would I gain? We have a hipped roof
    read this
    • you need planning
    • you have not stated how big the house is
    • what the usable attic space is
    • whether its first or second floor
    • how much is involved in updating the fire rating of the stairs/halls/means of escape on the lower floors
    • what way the roof structure is and what structural work is involved
    why not get a arch/eng to do an outline spec and a QS/ or 3 builders to price from the spec.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

BryanF wrote: »
    read this
    • you need planning
    • you have not stated how big the house is
    • what the usable attic space is
    • whether its first or second floor
    • how much is involved in updating the fire rating of the stairs/halls/means of escape on the lower floors
    • what way the roof structure is and what structural work is involved
    why not get a arch/eng to do an outline spec and a QS/ or 3 builders to price from the spec.

+3.14

Planning permission deffo required.

Advertisement