Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Parks and Play Area's

Options
  • 03-07-2014 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭

Right its that wonderful time of the year again where we have 8 weeks to entertain the kids (dam schools :mad:) Anyway was looking for a few suggestions and views on play areas and community parks around the county where I could keep my little ones happy for a few hours . Have been to Passage and the one in Dunmore East and must say they are very good .

So any idea's ?
    Is FENOR PLAY PARK any good ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

Fenor play park as you mention is very good as well as bunmahon. (nice play area + the beach)

You also have a few options in the city the peoples park, Manor st John, farronshoneen (can't spell it) near the credit union by Ardkeen as well as a nature walk in kilbarry park.

Mount Congreve is also a nice spot although no play area plenty for the kids to see and plenty room to run around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Right its that wonderful time of the year again where we have 8 weeks to entertain the kids (dam schools :mad:) Anyway was looking for a few suggestions and views on play areas and community parks around the county where I could keep my little ones happy for a few hours . Have been to Passage and the one in Dunmore East and must say they are very good .

So any idea's ?

Fenor Park is the best playground I've seen and a nice boarded walk around Fenor bog opposite. Good one out in Kilmacow also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

The_Shotz wrote: »
    Fenor play park as you mention is very good as well as bunmahon. (nice play area + the beach)

You also have a few options in the city the peoples park, Manor st John, farronshoneen (can't spell it) near the credit union by Ardkeen as well as a nature walk in kilbarry park.

Mount Congreve is also a nice spot although no play area plenty for the kids to see and plenty room to run around.
    thomasm wrote: »
    Fenor Park is the best playground I've seen and a nice boarded walk around Fenor bog opposite. Good one out in Kilmacow also.

Thanks lads . Much appreciated .
    Ps. Where is Mount Congreve ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

So any idea's ?

Out of curiosity, why do you put an apostrophe on "ideas" and "areas", but not on kids, suggestions, views, parks, ones, or hours?! (I'm having a pedantic Thursday :o )

Out of curiosity, why do you put an apostrophe on "ideas" and "areas", but not on kids, suggestions, views, parks, ones, or hours?! (I'm having a pedantic Thursday :o )

just to drive some posters mad :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Thanks lads . Much appreciated .
    Ps. Where is Mount Congreve ?

If you go out the old kilmeaden road, you won't miss it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

No kids allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

No kids allowed.

Had the three kids in there on a number of occasions. Old regime did not want kids. They are welcome now

No kids allowed.

Kids are very welcome now, had the little one out there several times, they have also improved alot of the pathways to facilitate wheelchair and buggys.

thomasm wrote: »
    Had the three kids in there on a number of occasions. Old regime did not want kids. They are welcome now
    Kids are very welcome now, had the little one out there several times, they have also improved alot of the pathways to facilitate wheelchair and buggys.

Thanks lads , Family going to check out Fenor first but Mount Congreve will be visited in the near future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

also killmeaden, passage east and dunmore have lovely playgrounds.

run a muck or pirates adventure if it rains, I miss kid zone, it was much closer.

Meades under the bridge if you want a cuppa too. my kids love the goat there.

kilmacow is brilliant as well and a good run around the sports field does wonders.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭HuntingDrog

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Meades under the bridge if you want a cuppa too. my kids love the goat there.

lilacs is brilliant as well and a good run around the sports field does wonders.

sorry...Where are these? tks

sorry...Where are these? tks

lilacs I have never heard of.
    But Meades is Jack Meades pub on the way to Faithlegg/ Cheekpoint. There is a play area and a few animals donkeys goats and my lads favourites Shetland Pony's which are very friendly, they come right up to fence and happily be hand fed by the kids.

Grub in the pub is pretty dam good as well.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Great park down in checkpoint too, they've a zip wire there as far as I know too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

JFK park in new Ross is worth a spin. Nice play area there and shouldn't be to packed.

lilacs I have never heard of.
    But Meades is Jack Meades pub on the way to Faithlegg/ Cheekpoint. There is a play area and a few animals donkeys goats and my lads favourites Shetland Pony's which are very friendly, they come right up to fence and happily be hand fed by the kids.

Grub in the pub is pretty dam good as well.

sorry meant kilmacow, phone said lilacs

just thought I'd post this ,

Brought the clan to Fenor Play Area and I have to agree with thomasm It is the best I've seen, a fantastic park ,Well thought out and suits all ages .Would highly recommend it as a destination to anyone trying to entertain their little ones for a few hours. You will not be disappointed.

Also the sculpture / Carving that is been done out of the tree beside the church is unreal and I cannot wait to see it when it's finished.

Yeah I nearly crashed the car trying to look at the angles, such a brilliant idea for a graveyard.

Advertisement