Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cattery in Waterford city or surrounds

Options
  • 03-07-2014 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Can anyone recommend a good cattery in Waterford city or surrounding areas. I have 2 cats that will need to go in to a cattery for 2 weeks and have never needed to use a cattery before.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Sent you a PM with details of the lady we use.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Chickentown

I like my cat. Rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Grantstown Kennels and Cattery !

A1+ Service

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Jambo wrote: »

A1+ Service

Yep our two have been up with Christy for the past two weeks. Will be picking them up tomorrow morning. They've been there a good few times as have our dogs. Never had any bother and all the people who work there are sound out and genuinely love animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Have nothing bad to say about Granstown. We used the Dog Kennels there for years. But the place was expanded quite a lot and as we have an older dog that needs a little extra care it doesn't really suit us anymore.
    Would have no problem recommending them though, and Chris is very nice, as is his wife but she's not so involved in it nowadays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I left my cats in grantstown, and while they were as well looked after as anywhere else, possibly better, I have no experience, I came back to find the two of them huddled in the cat carrier in an empty shed with only a netted porch in deep gloom of shadow to wander in. I realise cats are difficult to mind, when they are not in familiar territory, but I don't think I could leave them again, they can be outside and I will get someone to feed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

Jambo wrote: »

A1+ Service

Would cats really want to go into a facility with Dogs barking all the time.
    I can't think of a more stressful environment for a cat...!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Would cats really want to go into a facility with Dogs barking all the time.
    I can't think of a more stressful environment for a cat...!!!

They're in sheds across the facility to the dogs, maybe 50-80 yards away. To be honest, they all seemed cool out when I was there yesterday evening. There were some dogs barking but there were a couple of cats out of the verandas of the sheds completely chilled out. My two were asleep in their bed so they weren't bothered either.

And the dogs don't bark the whole time there either. They pretty much only bark when someone comes to drop or collect and sometimes when it's feeding time.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Twoelles

I know it's probably a bit far for you you but I can't recommend cillduff kennels and cattery in mullinahone highly enough.
    The cattery is the best I have ever seen, it's design was amazing well thought out, it has proper sneeze barriers and it has hidie places for the more nervous kitty.
    The family that run it are so lovely And they pay so much attention to the animals happiness and go the extra mile

Advertisement