Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brazil vs. Colombia (QF2) 21:00, 4 July

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

If we thought Brazil were a bit agricultural tonight can you imagine what they'll play like without Neymar?

Shudder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Houghton such a hypocritical ****. If that was Ireland he'd be calling it "heroic" or "magnificent".

This is Brazil though, the country who gave us some of the greatest players and teams ever. They were favourites going into this world cup eith players playing for big teams. Big difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

This Brazilian team is an absolute pile of vomit. If they win this it will be without a doubt the worst team to ever win the World Cup.
    I hope Germany demolish them.

Colombia have nobody to blame but themselves though - they shat themselves for most of the first 45.

The ref was an absolute disgrace and I wanted to ****ing strangle him at times but Colombia got what they deserved on the balance of play.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Now hopefully Holland and Argentina make the semis, and we might be blessed with a Brazil, Argentina final....

Where Messi wins it in the last minute by taking off his boot and throwing it at the ball knocking it in, and being called the "The Shoe of Jesus" and they all lived happily ever after.....

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭bedrock#1

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    brazil 2 football 1

Nail - head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Houghton such a hypocritical ****. If that was Ireland he'd be calling it "heroic" or "magnificent".

Amen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Nice sporting touch there, with Luiz and Alves over consoling that young James kid.

ya brazil are very sporting

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Nice sporting touch there, with Luiz and Alves over consoling that young James kid.

Easy console people when you win. If I was James I'd be telling them to f'off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,463 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Zaph wrote: »
    That was awful sh*te. Thank god we didn't have to sit through another half hour of it.

It would be better to watch another half hour of it than to see another second of David Luiz offering thanks to his god.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

There was a few times in the 2nd half where Brazilian players just kicked the ball as hard as they cloud out of play. It was bizarre. You would not see it at amateur level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Germany can end this.

They may have a final solution to this Brazilian rubbish.

/gets coat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Possibly footballs darkest day, we need a thread

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Hope the ref isn't as kind to Brazil in the next match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Now hopefully Holland and Argentina make the semis, and we might be blessed with a Brazil, Argentina final....

Where Messi wins it in the last minute by taking off his boot and throwing it at the ball knocking it in, and being called the "The Shoe of Jesus" and they all lived happily ever after.....

Before pinging a ball to the jaw of Pele on the final whistle rendering him unconscious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

They may have a final solution to this Brazilian rubbish.

/gets coat

really hope so

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭thisonetaken

Ishmael wrote: »
    Would definitely worry for Brazil in the next game if Neymar is injured and they are missing Silva.

They could have 4 neymars on the pitch and they will still get raped by Germany, let's see them try and bully the Germans, will give us all a laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

Johnny Giles with a Brazilian loom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

If that Brazil win the world cup compared to previous Brazil sides it's almost denigrating Brazil. I used to love them. Have watched tonnes of dvds of those sides and they often enthralled me. That Brazil is just brutal.

It's like George R R Martin is scripting their tournament. Tournament is brilliant to watch but I'm hating the outcomes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

nullzero wrote: »
    It would be better to watch another half hour of it than to see another second of David Luiz offering thanks to his god.

I can't see Jesus likening that football. He played free flowing football as a young lad. He was crap under crosses though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

Prediction : Germany 1-0 Brazil (Klose 90)

• Advertisement

mewso wrote: »
    Easy console people when you win. If I was James I'd be telling them to f'off.

Or equally, they could have been laughing in his face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

You must be joking. Brazil spent 95 mins kicking the sh#te out of him. James should have told luiz to stick his jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭LordAwesome

Possibly footballs darkest day, we need a thread

Whoa there, let's not go overboard. Chelsea won the CL, remember?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Brazil: 31 fouls. 2 yellow cards.
    Columbia: 23 fouls. 2 yellow cards.

Disgraceful stuff from the ref.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

If I worked in Lifestyle Sports I wouldn't sell Fred a Brazil jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Unbelievable ****housery from brazil there, hope the germans do them in the semis.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭boodiebhoy

The team who invented the beautiful game have just killed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭twinex

Turtwig wrote: »
    If that Brazil win the world cup compared to previous Brazil sides it's almost denigrating Brazil. I used to love them. Have watched tonnes of dvds of those sides and they often enthralled me. That Brazil is just brutal.

It's like George R R Martin is scripting their tournament. Tournament is brilliant to watch but I'm hating the outcomes.

Topical reference ftw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Fashionable underdog team containing current poster boy loses to host team.

Boards explodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If the last Brazil game thread is anything to go by this thread should feature a lot of 1 hulk getting slaughtered no matter how he is actually playing 2 David Luiz being blamed for every goal conceded including the goals Colombia concede 3 lots of comments about the refs favouring Brazil despite the fact that in 1 game out of 4 they got a favourable decision. Anyway on the game I think Brazil will just shade it.

Fairly accurate. Best team won but it was very ugly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Hooray for Brazil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Brazil were allowed to play agricultural football by the ref ... they could easily have had 1 if not 2 players double yellowed for persistent fouling.

Once they realised there was no bookings coming for the niggles, nudges and tackles they just kept at it for the whole game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Adamocovic wrote: »

Sorry Brazil and Argentina should get anywhere near the final both are awful teams been dragged by their respective big player.

For me Germany and Holland would be the rightful final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Ha good man Bill, questioning the ref.

Dismissed instantly of course but a question that had to be asked really.

tanko wrote: »
    You must be joking. Brazil spent 95 mins kicking the sh#te out of him. James should have told luiz to stick his jersey.

A what point was Danny Alves playing during that game? You do realise he was on the bench don't you? So him going over to the kid was a nice touch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Dumphy is right there under huge pressure as are fifa to let Brazil win the world cup for the social peace there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

The real tragedy here is Eamon Dunphy turned out to be right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

roanoke wrote: »
    Prediction : Germany 1-0 Brazil (Klose 90)

That would be beautiful!!

boodiebhoy wrote: »
    The team who invented the beautiful game have just killed it.

Once Scolari goes, I'm hopefully it will return once again.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

Headshot wrote: »
    Brazil kicking Columbia off the pitch

For a country known in the past for its wonderful soccer, its very sad to see what they are like now

Said like somebody who was for the losers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I was for no one, I wanted to watch a beautiful match but all I get tonight is a team kicking their opponents up and down the pitch.

TheTownie wrote: »
    Brazil: 31 fouls. 2 yellow cards.
    Columbia: 23 fouls. 2 yellow cards.

Disgraceful stuff from the ref.

The way the wind was blowing, you'd be forgiven for thinking Brazil was responsible for all those fouls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

F*cking hell that was some size of a grasshopper on James jersey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I celebrated Brazilian wins in 1994 and 2002. But not this. This is ugly. Argentina to beat them in the final would be the ultimate outcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭ConstantJoe

Doesn't matter who you were for. What he said was true. Very disappointing from Brazil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Mourinho plays like Brazil did tonight and he is a "Master Tactician" and Special ... a win is a win so bloody what if they fouled them to bits. Into the semi's they go and they couldn't give a flying fook!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Ah Eamos turned up at last!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭dmc17

F*cking hell that was some size of a grasshopper on James jersey

vY9Kxg2.jpg

:eek:

Dunphy is now apparently qualified to share his expertise on Rugby. Dear me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

niallo27 wrote: »
    I can't see Jesus likening that football. He played free flowing football as a young lad. He was crap under crosses though.

I remember the time he headed home for Jerusalem!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement