Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brazil vs. Colombia (QF2) 21:00, 4 July

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Did Ian Wright call Glenn Hoddle gaffer there a min ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Eirebear wrote: »
    Fashionable underdog team containing current poster boy loses to host team.

Boards explodes.

Definitely. Brazil were the better team and deserved the win, both teams were fouling and playing ugly throughout and Brazil didn't have any more decisions go their way than Colombia. Really don't get the hate towards Brazil and love for Colombia, they both equally player their part in an awful game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

namloc1980 wrote: »
    That would be beautiful!!

A power header and he rips off his shirt to reveal fat ronaldo with his silly haircut from 2002 x'd out with the number 16 over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

F*cking hell that was some size of a grasshopper on James jersey

LOL
    That's what the panel should be discussing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Brazil were a complete disgrace, as bad as Holland in the final 2010, i hope to god Germany hammer them, Brazil would be the worst team ever to win a major tournament, they've got all the luck and help to get this far, let's hope for the game of football Germany a real team actually win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

"You'd never see the like of that in the Heineken Cup"..

Try the RWC Final, Eamo..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

The only thing that matters in sport for the players is the result.I doubt the Brazilian players give a toss about how they played as they won the match.It's not the Brazilian players fault the referee was poor , they took advantage of this and got the result fair play to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

A what point was Danny Alves playing during that game? You do realise he was on the bench don't you? So him going over to the kid was a nice touch.

I didn't say alves spent the game kicking James, I said Brazil did. I think alves and luiz are two faced fookers. Really hope Germany beat them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

Doesn't matter who you were for. What he said was true. Very disappointing from Brazil.

The Brazilians just qualified for the WC semis. Who did they disappoint? You haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

dmc17 wrote: »
    vY9Kxg2.jpg

:eek:

Poor thing.

Can you imagine landing inside a nest of 80'000 whale-sized grasshoppers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Brazil would be the worst team ever to win a major tournament

That distinction goes to the 1990 winners West Germany. Dire winners of the worst tournament ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Harps wrote: »
    Definitely. Brazil were the better team and deserved the win, both teams were fouling and playing ugly throughout and Brazil didn't have any more decisions go their way than Colombia. Really don't get the hate towards Brazil and love for Colombia, they both equally player their part in an awful game

Spot on.Obvious Brazil corner 2nd half not given, never a colombia free in the first half, colombian kicked out first half no yellow, cynical game ending foul on neymar no yellow. The ref was dreadful but it was in no way one way. Colombia got a lot of frees they just didnt do much with them. The big complaint is how fernandinho didnt get a yelow in the first half.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

That distinction goes to the 1990 winners West Germany. Dire winners of the worst tournament ever.

Greece 2004 must be in with a shout.

Beat Phil Scolari's Portugal in the final

tanko wrote: »
    I didn't say alves spent the game kicking James, I said Brazil did. I think alves and luiz are two faced fookers. Really hope Germany beat them.

So Brazil fouled the kid? Yes, that's obviously not an exaggeration.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

As far as I see it Brazil are gonna be let kick their way to the final . I've seen and posted " Best WC ever " on these boards , the sh1te we've seen from Refs involved in Brazil games could drag this competition through the mud .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

That was an absolutely deplorable refereeing performance. How can a top level ref have a game that bad ? it's inexcusable

Greece 2004 must be in with a shout.

I was only talking about the World Cup. But if looking at all tournament winners, yes I agree, Greece would rank up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Pile of Sh!te, but congrats too Brazil.

Get through a game with nearly 40 something fouls and come out on top, thumbs up. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Yep....

Matheus, Klinsmann, Voeller, Littbarski, Brehme, Berthold, Kohler.......that was some crap team alright.

Personally, I would rate Italy 2006 and Brazil 1994 well below this team.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

I thought it was a great game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Brazil were a complete disgrace, as bad as Holland in the final 2010, i hope to god Germany hammer them, Brazil would be the worst team ever to win a major tournament, they've got all the luck and help to get this far, let's hope for the game of football Germany a real team actually win.
    euro2004_final_greek_team.jpg

Clipboard013.jpg

Seriously, Brazil aren't that bad a side. Not a 'classic' Brazil side, but still a side jam-packed with Champions League standard players. Dunphy is just trying to stir shíte as usual. Germany and Netherlands are also limited sides but similar to Brazil, they've just about done enough to get far. Brazil are only being scrutinized as they are the hosts. If this World Cup was in Qatar or North Korea or Antarctica, Brazil would not be receiving as much criticism as they are now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

peabutler wrote: »
    That was an absolutely deplorable refereeing performance. How can a top level ref have a game that bad ? it's inexcusable

Fifa :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I think it would have been far worse if Argentina had won it in 1990. Lesser of two evils that time if you ask me. Terrible tournament all right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Brazil 98 were worse than this, and would have won only for meeting the hometown team in the final.

I hate football that much I haven't a clue why I watch it all.

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    Yep....

Matheus, Klinsmann, Voeller, Littbarski, Brehme, Berthold, Kohler.......that was some crap team alright.

That's them alright, they were true Champions of the ugly, disgusting football that was the 1990 World Cup.

• Advertisement

The grasshopper was planted on rodriguez by the ref on behalf of FIFA to try put him off so Brazil would go through. It's all a conspiracy :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Brazil 98 were worse than this, and would have won only for meeting the hometown team in the final.

Ronaldo's mystery illness played a part too, but that French defence was such a brick wall it may not have made a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭sin_city

The Mig wrote: »
    The grasshopper was planted on rodriguez by the ref on behalf of FIFA to try put him off so Brazil would go through. It's all a conspiracy :rolleyes:

This is silly...Brazil won fair and square and Qatar deserves the 2022 world cup...just leave it mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭trashcan

Don't think so. This is the worst Brazil team I can remember. There is a real chance Germany will put them out in the semi finals. The Germans will have the mentality to do it, whereas I don't think either Chile or Colombia had. I'd like a Germany Argentina final I think, with Argentina to win, if for no other reason than I'd like to see Messi win a world cup.

Ronaldo's mystery illness played a part too, but that French defence was such a brick wall it may not have made a difference.

France, the hometown team that shouldn't have been in the final. Little Paraguay played them off the pitch in the second round, but didn't progress thanks to the Ref that day. I don't remember Eamon getting his knickers in a twist back then though.

• Advertisement

sin_city wrote: »
    This is silly...Brazil won fair and square and Qatar deserves the 2022 world cup...just leave it mate

You're obviously a FIFA delegate :)

That's them alright, they were true Champions of the ugly, disgusting football that was the 1990 World Cup.

Ireland getting to the quarter finals having scored 2 goals and playing awful football and england and their brand of route 1 making the semis summed up that tournament it was awful. The standard of football has gone seriously downhill in this tournament since the knockout stages the group stages were brilliant.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

France, the hometown team that shouldn't have been in the final. Little Paraguay played them off the pitch in the second round, but didn't progress thanks to the Ref that day. I don't remember Eamon getting his knickers in a twist back then though.

Don't remember that game, I remember Blanc missing the final cos of some blackguarding by Slaven Billic

twinex wrote: »
    ...so hard to watch though. Brazil used to be the beautiful respite of crappy tournament football, now they have become the creature despised. Dramatic much?

No your not tbf. But Scolari has obviously decided on playing a more physical sort of game having looked at the players at his disposal. And with the help of the officials they cant lose.

Alsp I think the Brazilians are a fickle bunch to be honest. Mario Zagallo, the man who managed the 1970 team was sacked after the Ronaldo debacle and the subsequent 1998 loss. I mean this was the man over arguably one of the greatest international teams we've ever seen. Make no mistake, should they win this world cup, they'll party hard and long.

The rest of the world will be sickened for the reasons we've outlined. The suspected corruption and the fact that this is a technically awful Brazilian team.

Its been a brilliant world cup but there is a shadow cast over the skullduggery we have witnessed tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Ireland getting to the quarter finals having scored 2 goals and playing awful football and england and their brand of route 1 making the semis summed up that tournament it was awful. The standard of football has gone seriously downhill in this tournament since the knockout stages the group stages were brilliant.

Really? (I might be Bias here being Belgian an all but) Belgium Vs USA?!??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Your dead right, it might sound like romantic bull**** but a big part of the magic of the world cup is getting a chance to watch Brazil. It's like the all blacks or dream team in basketball. Usually when the Brazilians get together it's street football and entertainment. That's the reason I hate this Brazil.

They are an embarrassment to the yellow jersey. Imposters who I truly believe will be found out and remembered as a disgraceful Brazil side. They had their home stage to show the world the magic, and they give us this. Let them try and bully the Germans. Ha they'll get it back in spades.

They are about to be found out.

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

yep great game as was germany algeria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

Was a poor game with a bit of excitement in extra time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Brasil and Scolari....truly awful. They get the rub of the green. No yellow cards bar two! Despite foul after foul. Cesar should have been red. They went about taking out Rodriquez al night. When they win the World Cup, we will all be left with a bitter taste in our mouths. FIFA will have been most helpful to their cause. For the sake of FairPlay and good football, I truly hope Brasil do not win, just because they hosted the tournament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭circadian

thelad95 wrote: »
    Was a poor game with a bit of excitement in extra time.

Not sure if serious.

Just caught the highlights of tonights game. How can the ref give a yellow for a foul in the box but no penalty?

• Advertisement

circadian wrote: »
    Not sure if serious.

Just caught the highlights of tonights game. How can the ref give a yellow for a foul in the box but no penalty?

because luiz had a fair chance of getting to the ball before the attacker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭circadian

It looked like the attacker got the touch, moved it beyond the keeper and was taken out. How Luiz factors in is beyond me, not to mention giving a yellow for a foul.

A foul is a foul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Leaving aside the fact that I think it's a joke that keepers can get a red for denying a goalscoring opportunity, even if it's not a professional foul, there's no way the Colombian (Gutierrez?) was getting to that ball and Luiz was in the way regardless.

It wasn't a red either morally or by the letter of the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Brazil 98 were worse than this[/B].

That's just crazy talk.

Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Dunga, Leonardo, Rivaldo, Ronaldo were on a different planet to any of the current Brazilian squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Scolari doesn't think Neymar will make the next game. Big loss as is Thiago Silva.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Scolari doesn't think Neymar will make the next game. Big loss as is Thiago Silva.

I don't believe him. Not much that could be wrong with him apart from bruising I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

tastyt wrote: »
    I don't believe him. Not much that could be wrong with him apart from bruising I'd say

He was taken to hospital. It was a fair old whack he got. I believe him.

Don't remember that game, I remember Blanc missing the final cos of some blackguarding by Slaven Billic

About two months before that game, I read a great article in the The Gaurdian (I think). It spoke about how FIFA needed a French victory in the 1998 World Cup, because the French soccer market was stagnant. And for it's size, it was way under performing commercially. So once I saw little Paraguay being done by the Ref, I knew France would end up winning it. So I have to laugh at the moral outrage shown to Brazil, Dunphy sure has a short memory.

Homerism has always been part and parcel of World Cup Football. Christ, didn't the English win their only World Cup thanks to some handy home town decisions. Their game against Argentina was believed to have been a fix. Rattin who was Argentina's best player was sent off in the first half for nothing. England then chopped Argentina off the field and we all know what happened in the final. The goal that wasn't and the penalty West Germany never got.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Lucas Hood wrote: »

That's them fcuked so, they've been average tbh, Neymar carried them through most of their games, if he and Silva are gone for the Semi's their race is ran, I can't see the Germans not getting though to the final now.

And what's with Scolari's persistence in starting with Fred and Oscar both have been anonymous.

• Advertisement

Lads Brazil played ronaldo after he nearly died a couple of hours before world cup final. 100% neymar starts the semi. This might not be a popular comment but he's gone missing in the knockouts anyway.

Advertisement