Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clashmore - yes or no?

• 03-07-2014 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hello, I've been lurking around the Waterford County boards a little while but now need to make myself known and ask a major question - would you live in Clashmore???

We're currently living in Co. Limerick but are moving to Co. Waterford as my fella is employed in Dungarvan and is fed up of making the 90 minute drive there and back everyday. I have to say I really like Dungarvan and the surrounding areas and we were hoping to find a place to live nearer the town but so far nothing suitable has come up. Anyway we looked at a house in Clashmore this week which seems ok but what about Clashmore itself? To be honest it was so quiet that I found it hard to get any impression of the place. I've been there twice now and never seen another living soul on the streets. Nothing wrong with a bit of peace and quiet of course but I just thought I'd see if anyone here has anything to add about the place.

I saw an earlier thread about community broadband and would also like to ask what the broadband speeds are like there?? Any congestion? And - last question - are there any buses from Clashmore to Dungarvan?

All comments are gratefully received as I really would like to get an idea about the place before committing to anything :)

By the way, if anyone is letting a house in the environs of Dungarvan PM me and I'll let you know what we're looking for.

Thank you!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Here's a previous discussion on some villages/crossroads in the east of the county: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057187100

I don't really know West Waterford that well, but I always liked Lismore.

Re houses in Dungarvan: maybe give Hartey Auctioneers a shout: http://www.hartyauctioneers.com/propertyforrent.shtml

There's also Ballinroad and Abbeyside, which are essentially part of Dungarvan now (apologies if anyone living there is offended by this sweeping generalisation!)

Good luck!

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

When you say clashmore are you talking about the village or the outskirts.
    Your broadband would depend on that.

Clashmore is a quiet enough village but friendly. There are a few pubs and I haven't heard any negative about the area

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭fleabag

Quiet but friendly sounds good! As for broadband, I'm talking about the village - Coolboa specifically. Thanks.

Advertisement