Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Circuit Training

• 03-07-2014 12:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

Yesterday evening I started circuit training which my brother runs. Boy it was tough going. Towards the end I felt a little light headed and felt kinda sick. Is this normal or did I just eat too close to the session?
    It will be a week before the next session. Should I be doing anything at home between sessions? You'll probably gather from this I'm completely new to it all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,676 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

It could be a few things that are relatively unalarming.

That it's new to you and was pretty intense is likely a factor.

What did you eat beforehand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

It could be a few things that are relatively unalarming.

That it's new to you and was pretty intense is likely a factor.

What did you eat beforehand?

Chicken Chow Mein with noodles about 2hrs before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭tenifan

woodturner wrote: »
    Chicken Chow Mein with noodles about 2hrs before

My friends and I all started circuit training at different times. We were all banjaxed and feeling light-headed the first time we did it.

Next time you'll probably know the intensity and pace yourself a bit better.

The noodles would probably be a bit sickening though! I made the same mistake before with pasta. Try to eat something lighter at least 2 hours before training.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭berrecka

I often feel like im going to puke when Im hitting circuits or spinning or something like that really hard. It lessens after a few goes of it, but if I haven't been for a while, and really give it welly, I will usually get the feeling Im going to puke. Never have yet though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

I was full sure I was gonna puke but iI didn't. I looked around and everyone else seemed ok.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭tenifan

woodturner wrote: »
    I was full sure I was gonna puke but iI didn't. I looked around and everyone else seemed ok.

They're probably used to the intensity of it. You'll probably you find you'll pace yourself a bit better next time, and you'll be up to speed in no time.

I found it took a few weeks to control my breathing properly as I wasn't used to doing excerise. Holding your breath or breathing too fast can make you lightheaded.

Advertisement