Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stick with Hons degree or take ord and do professional courses?

Options
  • 03-07-2014 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Howdy folks,
    Going into 3rd year of an information systems course with the option to exit with an ordinary degree or go onto 4th year for an honors degree.

I'm currently working in IT in QA and have about 15 years experience and am looking to get more into security or networking as a career move.

As the title says, I can't really make up my mind if its better for me to get the degree under my belt (never got 3rd level qualification before) and supplement it with additional courses or stick with it for the year (or 2 if I chose to split it) to get the hons degree.
    Anyone have similar experience? don't have to make a call for another couple of months so I can think about it, but I would love to hear from anyone who's had to make a similar choice.

Advertisement