Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No funding for Castlebar clubs from Minister Ring..................

Options
  • 03-07-2014 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭

No funding for Castlebar clubs in Minister Rings latest round of grants................did they not fill in the application forms correctly!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

ethical wrote: »
    No funding for Castlebar clubs in Minister Rings latest round of grants................did they not fill in the application forms correctly!!!!!

probably should have but castlebar,westport,co mayo as the address to be sure.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Didn't castlebar rugby club get 30 k?
    Also snugboro fc and islandeady gaa club got sizeable distribution of funds. Both these could be classed as castlebar.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Also snugboro fc and islandeady gaa club got sizeable distribution of funds. Both these could be classed as castlebar.

Yip, if you don't apply you don't get. All have Castlebar addresses. :rolleyes:

home gaa club of enda gets the highest amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Castlebar12

I remember this happening last year as well, the closest thing to castlebar to get funding was the islandeady clay pigeon shooting club ...... Ring will be out of Sport hopefully this week and Cbar clubs can get proper funding again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

I hear Castlebar Tennis club has got unrelated funding to Build a Dome with 4 indoor courts, anyone confirm this? it would be a great facility. next to the new pool and adventure sports centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

I hear Castlebar Tennis club has got unrelated funding to Build a Dome with 4 indoor courts, anyone confirm this? it would be a great facility. next to the new pool and adventure sports centre.

I saw €175,000 listed for Castlebar Lawn Tennis Club recently

Plus €25,000 for a soccer facility

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

No idea about the funding but I'm not crazy about the new tennis club indoor courts design. It's a massive 16 meter tall shed, not dome, beside the lake and twice the height of the existing tennis club. At least the existing club house doesn't interfere with lake views and the area as it's mostly dug into the hill. From my opinion the good thing is it got planning in 2006 (drawings I saw) so they'll probably need to re-apply (if they haven't already) for planning permission as the previous expired after 5 years. Hopefully they'll have to redesign a more appropriate 'shed' that fits better into the nice area. I'm all for the development and would love to see the tennis club expand but I don't want an oversized factory type of shed destroying the beautiful area and views around the lake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Dudda wrote: »
    No idea about the funding but I'm not crazy about the new tennis club indoor courts design. It's a massive 16 meter tall shed, not dome, beside the lake and twice the height of the existing tennis club. At least the existing club house doesn't interfere with lake views and the area as it's mostly dug into the hill. From my opinion the good thing is it got planning in 2006 (drawings I saw) so they'll probably need to re-apply (if they haven't already) for planning permission as the previous expired after 5 years. Hopefully they'll have to redesign a more appropriate 'shed' that fits better into the nice area. I'm all for the development and would love to see the tennis club expand but I don't want an oversized factory type of shed destroying the beautiful area and views around the lake.

From what I hear it's an air supported dome that is proposed, something like this Just chat on the street though.

From what I hear it's an air supported dome that is proposed, something like this Just chat on the street though.

its an air dome according to this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Oh that's great it's a new planning application. Previous planning application I was looking at from 2006 which I've posted a drawing of below. I've highlighted the existing tennis club is green and proposed new covered courts in red to show how much bigger the original proposal was and how much it looked like a giant shed. Great to see a new design.

xGChCSL.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Castlebar12

Pretty sure its just basically a roof going over it now, it needs it though it is he Connaught tennis centre

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Ring retained his position, so more grants on their way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

yop wrote: »
    Ring retained his position, so more grants on their way :D

Glad he did.

He is an energetic guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ethical

Kenny needs him ....in the next election Rings transfers will get Kenny elected!

Kenny needs him ....in the next election Rings transfers will get Kenny elected!
    will enda run again he is up for a plum job in Europe.

irishgeo wrote: »
    will enda run again he is up for a plum job in Europe.

Think thats his plan,

Advertisement