Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boarding Kennels, Cork

• 03-07-2014 1:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭

I'm looking to board my two in September of this year. One's a mastiff, old and accident prone, she's a bit incontinent and going blind - the other's a Staffie and a bit needy. Could anyone recommend a kennel that would cater for them. They would not be particularly good with other dogs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 boots2000

Hi

I would only trust A1 K9, they are a little bit of a drive out and more expensive than others, but this is there full time business, the owners are dog trainers that are more than capable dealing with dogs that need a little more care. They are quite strict , the dogs will need to do a max 3 night stay for the first time to see how your dogs get on before they would consider keeping a dog for a longer period.

I think I have viewed most kennels in Cork from what I have seen, they are run so badly on a part time basis, no questions about animal special needs, special diets , whether they are ok with other dogs.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Hi snoman,
    It might be worth checking in with Ilse Sas from Dogs For Life, she runs a really small home-boarding place in Cork (I think it's towards the north of the county?). As it happens, she's also a very good trainer (certified by APDT Ireland), and has a great attitude to dogs. Because she also runs a small rescue, she's well versed on dogs with *ahem* quirks :o
    https://www.facebook.com/DogsforLifeIreland/info
    Good luck, I hope you get sorted!

Advertisement