Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can't see myself getting into medicine but I can't see myself doing anything else

• 03-07-2014 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

I'm 17 just finished TY after dropping down from 5th year after making some bad choices both subject and study wise.

Since the age of 8 I've wanted to become a doctor, at 13 I knew I wanted to become surgeon but I talked myself out of it, I told myself it was too much work that it wasn't for me and that I was too stupid anyway.
    Since then I've been trying to think of something else I would like to do an after all those years of researching I couldn't find anything, I genuinely couldn't see myself as anything else, i couldn't see myself as a nurse or as a paramedic or anything both related or unrelated.

Problem is I can't see myself getting in, Truth is since the age of 13 I haven't studied apart from one time and that time I got 99% in comparison of my usually 79%
    I'm not great at maths, nor am I good at chemistry but I really like it , it's just the maths part, I mean if a teacher explains something in class I could be messing with a pen and when she asks me I'll still understand.
    It's summer I've been of school just over a month and I'm already worrying about 5th year..

Medicine really is it for me but I don't know if I'll get it...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Yes, we know, Sean, you've told us your story in at least two other threads!! :pac:

Boards isn't your blog you know! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement