Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling an order

Options
  • 03-07-2014 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

I signed up with a rep that called to my door on 26th June and was assured I had a 7 day cooling off period. I changed my mind about the order and rang the number on the 30th June, 1st July, 2nd July and today 3rd July. The 1st 3 times I rang to cancel I was told my order wasn't up on the computer yet so they couldn't cancel it, I was offered various deals and told not to worry about the 7 day cooling off period as it would be noted I rang to cancel within the 7 days.

When I rang today I was very firm that I am 100% cancelling the order and was told the line is in the process of being transferred over from my current provider so I have to wait until it is transferred and someone will ring with my uan number and then I have to ring my current provider for them to take back the line. Is this correct? Would the process of transferring the line be started before my order was up on the computer? Can you confirm that I will not be charged anything by Eircom and does this affect things with my current provider(who use the eircom line for my bb).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

skintiam wrote: »
    I signed up with a rep that called to my door on 26th June and was assured I had a 7 day cooling off period. I changed my mind about the order and rang the number on the 30th June, 1st July, 2nd July and today 3rd July. The 1st 3 times I rang to cancel I was told my order wasn't up on the computer yet so they couldn't cancel it, I was offered various deals and told not to worry about the 7 day cooling off period as it would be noted I rang to cancel within the 7 days.

When I rang today I was very firm that I am 100% cancelling the order and was told the line is in the process of being transferred over from my current provider so I have to wait until it is transferred and someone will ring with my uan number and then I have to ring my current provider for them to take back the line. Is this correct? Would the process of transferring the line be started before my order was up on the computer? Can you confirm that I will not be charged anything by Eircom and does this affect things with my current provider(who use the eircom line for my bb).
    Hi skintiam

The order would not be on the computer if the paper work from the sales rep was not issued on the system yet however this should not affect your colling off period like it has. I will need to look in to this further for you so if you would like to PM me your landline number I will investigate this further,

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭skintiam

Hi Alan,

After posting here I realised that my UAN is on my invoices from my current provider so I don't know why I was told I had to wait for eircom to switch and then ring with the UAN so I could switch back. I've already rang my current provider to make sure the line doesn't switch over and it hadn't been switched yet. I can't help but feel I was being lied to by the eircom advisor on the phone. I'll pm my number now, could I get some confirmation that the order is cancelled. Thanks.

Any update on this because I received confirmation of installation and direct debit details today in the post?

:mad: ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

:mad: ?
    Hi skintiam

I realise you may have already PM'ed your Phone number to Al. he is on Annual leave and I do not have access to his PM's. Can you PM me the Phone number and I will look into this,

Colm

• Advertisement

I got another text today confirming installation for the 21st? Can you look into that please the order should be cancelled.

If someone from eircom turns up at my house to install on monday I am getting onto com reg and reporting what has gone on, very dodgy carry on saying the order is cancelled but I can't have written confirmation of it, and the whole UAN number lie I was told.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

If someone from eircom turns up at my house to install on monday I am getting onto com reg and reporting what has gone on, very dodgy carry on saying the order is cancelled but I can't have written confirmation of it, and the whole UAN number lie I was told.
    Hi skintiam

I'm very sorry to hear you received this text, I see that this has been sent for cancellation and you should not have received this. I will re-escalate this cancellation for you.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement