Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permissions for events in Merrion, St. Stephens' Green ?

Options
  • 03-07-2014 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what kind of permissions you'd need (if any) to hold an event in a public park in the city.

A few hundred people meeting up and milling about - basically a public gathering.

Just to be polite would we probably need to tell the local Gardai ?
    What about the Council ?

Thanks in advance !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

I seriously doubt it's just politeness to let the gardai know. You would have to get permission from the city council, and I imagine they may advise you if you need to get the guards on duty.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

You have to apply to Dublin City Council. You need to have PI insurance, engineers plans for any proposed structures, temporary of course. And Im sure many other things.

http://www.dublincity.ie/main-menu-services-planning/outdoor-concert-public-event-licence-applications

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

kceire wrote: »
    You have to apply to Dublin City Council. You need to have PI insurance, engineers plans for any proposed structures, temporary of course. And I. Sure many other things.

And you? Oooh, you must be important!! :P;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I think you have to get it from the OPW, not the council. I'm nearly sure that's who I approached when I did photo calls in St Stephen's Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭craoltoir

Merrion Square park is managed by DCC and Stephen's Green Park by OPW.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Lux23 wrote: »
    I think you have to get it from the OPW, not the council. I'm nearly sure that's who I approached when I did photo calls in St Stephen's Green.

Depending on the location, determines who you get permission from. The Building Control section of DCC oversee all plans for events in their area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

kceire wrote: »
    Depending on the location, determines who you get permission from. The Building Control section of DCC oversee all plans for events in their area.

DCC's Events Unit look after events which cater for <5000 and Planning Control is for >5000.
    See below:

http://www.dublincity.ie/main-menu-services-recreation-culture/events-dublin

http://www.dublincity.ie/main-menu-services-recreation-culture-dublin-city-parks/commercial-activities-dublin-city-parks

As was already said, OPW look after St Stephens Green/Phoenix Park amongst others, the list of DCC Parks is in the second link above

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

In the past for events on in St Stephen's Green, we used the band stand.
    We had to have public liability insurance which is 200-300 euro a year depending on activities.
    If it is pretty sedate activities then it can be quite low.
    Also if you are playing music then you need to pay IMRO and that can vary depending on what type of music.

Advertisement