Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General advice required

Options
  • 03-07-2014 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

Hi

I've purchased a house and having lived in a secure apartment the issue of home security is in my mind.

There is an alarm in place but would like to make things more secure. I was going to get CCTV cameras which are viewable remotely and anything else?

I was also wondering if it's worthwhile getting stuff like : fake TV light signal, stickers on windows re alarm, beware of the dog etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi

I've purchased a house and having lived in a secure apartment the issue of home security is in my mind.

There is an alarm in place but would like to make things more secure. I was going to get CCTV cameras which are viewable remotely and anything else?

I was also wondering if it's worthwhile getting stuff like : fake TV light signal, stickers on windows re alarm, beware of the dog etc.

I would go for the alarm first, CCTV second.
    The reason for this is although CCTV can be a deterrent, if an intruder tries to gain access to your premises and no alarm sounds he will just work away.
    Fake cameras are not going to deter anyone, especially the ones with the battery and beeping light. They stick out like a sore thumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

And of course there is also hoodies to consider.

That and the placing of the cameras.
    The amount of times you see cameras located on the soffit of a two story house. All that is seen in most cases is the top of the would be intruders head.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

altor wrote: »
    That and the placing of the cameras.
    The amount of times you see cameras located on the soffit of a two story house. All that is seen in most cases is the top of the would be intruders head.

The easy way out.

kub wrote: »
    The easy way out.

Agreed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement