Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to wear with purple shoes?

• 03-07-2014 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

Hi guys
    clearing out my stuff the other day and I stumbled across a pair of purple heels I haven't worn in a couple of years. I really like them and would like to start wearing them again, however I have no idea what would go with them! I used to wear them with a silver dress, but I got rid of that. They're quite bold shoes so I'm not quite sure what to wear with them, and wondered if anyone would have any suggestions?
    I don't have an exact photo of them, but they look very similar to these

MARQUISE-09-PURPLE.jpg

All suggestions gratefully received :D:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Daisy78

damselnat wrote: »
    Hi guys
    clearing out my stuff the other day and I stumbled across a pair of purple heels I haven't worn in a couple of years. I really like them and would like to start wearing them again, however I have no idea what would go with them! I used to wear them with a silver dress, but I got rid of that. They're quite bold shoes so I'm not quite sure what to wear with them, and wondered if anyone would have any suggestions?
    I don't have an exact photo of them, but they look very similar to these

MARQUISE-09-PURPLE.jpg

All suggestions gratefully received :D:D

I have a pair of purple stilettos that I wear with a yellow sillk dress. I think the two colours work really well together in a colour blocking kind of way. But it depends on the style of dress really - maybe a long maxi would work with those shoes.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Oh god, I love those shoes. WANT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

Wow, they're gorgeous.

I'd pair them with a cool pair of blue skinnies if it was me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭miss-p

Seconded on the skinnies :D cream/white dress either or maybe a black pencil/bodycon skirt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Block colour would look great with these, go with skinnies and show those babies off - something like this (your shoes are much nicer!)
    189891-colour-block-red-sweater-teal-jeans.jpg

Or a black dress would be really pretty and you could use some gold/silver jewelry to dress it up/down to your liking. A cream dress would also look really good with them. Maybe a bodycon for going out or something less tight for whatever else you might be doing. If you have the legs for it, go for a mini!
    Premiere+Fox+Searchlight+Secret+Life+Bees+8Ke_4Ik5dUul.jpg5403d71804e9b67dfdf4cc2afebc9988.jpg
    (second pic is crap, but you get the idea colour wise!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭jennyjoy

A simple black dress would work great with these! They are a statement shoe without being too in your face, and pairing it with something simple will really make them pop while still being elegant like you aren't trying to hard. Skinny jeans with a tee would also be great if you're going somewhere that doesn't require a dress

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

Oh, wow, those shoes are gorgeous!

I have a purple pair of shoes I bought in Pennys years ago for a wedding. I paired them with a minty green cocktail dress (sounds a bit odd, but it's a really nice colour and works well on me), but I also have worn them with a black cocktail dress, and black and blue skinnies. You've lots of options, so go wear and enjoy them! :D

Advertisement