Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

power commander 3 / noob (Q)

• 03-07-2014 3:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭

Well i have done few mods... airbox derestricted, fuel cut eliminator fitted, o2 disconnected, ais blocked and i got pc3.

I have loaded map from dynojet that suit exactly my mods....

Now the bike is like from different world. Accerelation is smooth as butter, it pulls like a train and tbe throttle response is almost instant. It made defo a huge improvement. And the decerelation of engine is smooth as well as the anoying poppig/backfire is completely gone...

Now the question is here...how do i find out if the map is good and i am not running it lean or too rich or destroying engine? Taking of fairing,tank,airbox and all cables take 2h - due to limited space.. so its impossible to check spark plugs if i wanna change map or something...

Hint: the power is smooth from 2k all the way up to the red line.. no slowdowns or dead areas there...

Bike is fazer 1000 gen 2.

First time pc selfinstalation in life... i just wanna make sure all is good and i have no funds to pay for custom dyno map.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

One word: dyno. Talk to Danny at DLM Racing - he'll straighten you up, quare lively:

http://www.dlm-racing.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

jimgoose wrote: »
    One word: dyno. Talk to Danny at DLM Racing - he'll straighten you up, quare lively:

http://www.dlm-racing.com/

Can u tell me cca how much does the dyno + map adjustment can cost?

Ignore my question. Ronan from RPM drogheda will sort me out. 100e for custom map - booked in for tomorrow. Done and dusted.

Bikerguy wrote: »
    Can u tell me cca how much does the dyno + map adjustment can cost?

I couldn't say, but it's easy enough pay him. Pick up a phone and talk to the man! :D

I couldn't say, but it's easy enough pay him. Pick up a phone and talk to the man! :D
    I live in mornington.. so santry aint really handy. But thank you for the tips.

...Ronan from RPM drogheda will sort me out. 100e for custom map - booked in for tomorrow. Done and dusted.

Crap, I forgot about Ronan Pentony. Yeah, it just so happens that you can't heave a brick in that corner of the country without falling over a dyno and an expert tuner. They're scarce everywhere else, though! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭neamhspleachi

Well you won't exactly be tripping over competent dyno setups in Ireland, so more luck to you! :D
    :pac::pac::pac:

:pac::pac::pac:

...unless you're in furkan Drawda, hawrse! :pac:

Just took her off Ronan RPM 140.9HP. Not to bad at all for a fazer. Will post charts later

Just took her off Ronan RPM 140.9HP. Not to bad at all for a fazer. Will post charts later

That's about standard, but bloody nice to actually see it at the back wheel. I'm looking forward to having a butcher's at the power and torque curves. :cool:

That's about standard, but bloody nice to actually see it at the back wheel. I'm looking forward to having a butcher's at the power and torque curves. :cool:

Standard is around 124-128hp as stock rear wheel. Just to mention.

• Advertisement

Standard is around 124-128hp as stock rear wheel. Just to mention.

Cool. Manufacturer figures are probably at the crankshaft.

Cool. Manufacturer figures are probably at the crankshaft.

Yes they are. Stating 146.84hp stock. With that in mind i am atm around 158 at crank... its not r1 or gixer 1000 but honestly the power delivery is there.. endless for street riding.

Btw i though all manufacters are alway stating the HP output at crankshaft

...Btw i though all manufacters are alway stating the HP output at crankshaft

Usually. Occasionally they'll quote at the gearbox output shaft or, rarely, the back wheel. Then there's the whole SAE/Pferdestarke/Metric thing - sure you can't believe daylight from 'em! :pac:

20140704_142749_zpspb6kucel.jpg

20140704_142753_zpsdhzz5hue.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

Steve runs Dyno runs for around €50 a time - well worth seeing how your motor's going, fair play to Steve he ran mine a couple of times to check the readings - no charge ;) well pleased all fueling was running fine, torque straight upwards :cool:

Nodster wrote: »
    Steve runs Dyno runs for around €50 a time - well worth seeing how your motor's going, fair play to Steve he ran mine a couple of times to check the readings - no charge ;) well pleased all fueling was running fine, torque straight upwards :cool:
    #

who is steve? btw you can clearly see fueling on the first pic

just to mention.. this was not only dyno run... they were adjusting the map i have loaded myself on PC3 - so i can call it a custom map creation.. as you can see the power band is pretty much smooth and the power output is outstanding considering the parts i have added to stock bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Wouldn't mind throwing the old bird on the dyno, what did he charge you?

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind throwing the old bird on the dyno, what did he charge you?

Mate i paid
    for the custom map .. i mean not only dyno but adjusting all gears / fuel/air ratio through power commander... 100e

i have no idea how much cost dyno only...

let me see who is this guy Steve.. i have strong feeling that i know who is it...LoL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

If its the "Steve" I think it is too I would not give him a solar powered torch to dyno!!!!!

BTW, waste of money IMHO to get a bike DYNO'd just to see what power she can do....bring it for a tasty spin you wont be long finding out. Different if you are indeed having flat spots etc and want it sorted. But for the sake if it.....MEH!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    If its the "Steve" I think it is too I would not give him a solar powered torch to dyno!!!!!

BTW, waste of money IMHO to get a bike DYNO'd just to see what power she can do....bring it for a tasty spin you wont be long finding out. Different if you are indeed having flat spots etc and want it sorted. But for the sake if it.....MEH!

yeh to that Steve i woudlnt bring my bike even if he pay me to do so or even if he does dynos and cookies for free..

Gary you are right... dyno for power check is waste of money (unless you have some spare) but dyno to fix some flat spots or so its a different story...

btw what was your Triumph pulling? just wanna know if i can get you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

btw what was your Triumph pulling? just wanna know if i can get you :)

No idea Ed what my Sprint puts out, dont wanna know either. Bike is faster then I ever will be. TBH, I dont go for all this jive of horse power to the backwheel etc etc.

It does have a Triumph Race Exhaust which is considerably lighter and louder then stock and was tuned in McCallens (have it on the paper work I got with bike) I know from an terrible emergency that occurred at home while I was out not too long ago, and I had to get home quick the bike its alot faster then the stock Sprints ;)

Yeh i know you have performance adjustments...i wanted know whats the power..behind the lovely red colour...

i am not about horse power either... but coming from most comfortable bike in d world i felt that the fz was little weak in that area...
    Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

The bird is 12 years old, just curios as to what she is putting out now, although I am scared that it might put me on path that I can't really afford! :o

Advertisement