Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids names tattoo

Options
  • 03-07-2014 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I have 2 kids and I would like to get their names tattooed. I would also like to get a date,when my baby was meant to be born, but sadly I miscarried. I was thinking of getting a flower and than their names inside the petals and the date as well. I was thinking of doing it on my arm or maybe my back? Thanks for your advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Hi all,
    I have 2 kids and I would like to get their names tattooed. I would also like to get a date,when my baby was meant to be born, but sadly I miscarried. I was thinking of getting a flower and than their names inside the petals and the date as well. I was thinking of doing it on my arm or maybe my back? Thanks for your advice

I like this idea very much, my wife has already started something like this with our Daughters name. Head in to a few studios and tell them your idea. They'll be able to help you out massively. If you are going for a flower, what is your favourite?

Edit: Type of flower may have an impact on placement and whether or not you'll be able to get the names inside the petals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Sorry to hear that OP. My wife has small flowers on a stem on her foot and Butterflies on each flower for each of our kids. She wanted a Tattoo but also wanted to be able to keep it hidden should she ever need to. So just be sure where you want it!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭blondie1985

I like this idea very much, my wife has already started something like this with our Daughters name. Head in to a few studios and tell them your idea. They'll be able to help you out massively. If you are going for a flower, what is your favourite?

Edit: Type of flower may have an impact on placement and whether or not you'll be able to get the names inside the petals.

I love tulips but I think that might be too plain. I went to my local tattoo place and asked and he told me to bring a design in and he will do it, but I would like someone that could help me with a design.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I love tulips but I think that might be too plain. I went to my local tattoo place and asked and he told me to bring a design in and he will do it, but I would like someone that could help me with a design.

Go to a different tattoo place!
    The ARTIST should be using their creativity to work with you on your design, not just tracing something you bring in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

ElleEm wrote: »
    Go to a different tattoo place!
    The ARTIST should be using their creativity to work with you on your design, not just tracing something you bring in.

Definitely go to a different studio. If you are able to make it in to Dublin city, then Colourworks, Snakebite, Wildcat Ink, Skin City would all be able to design something for you based on the information you give them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Hi mate. When my little girl was born 4 years ago and I knew her name I spent a while looking for designs of what to get tattooed for her. Wanted flowers and her name done but so many things I seen I couldn't decide.
    One day while having a smoke in kitchen I started doodling ( not greatest of doodlers) with her name and shiity things and eventually done something. Fact I done it myself means a lot more and I wouldn't change it.
    So I got her name in my style if writing I did on school desks and her middle name in between them and date of birth on top with petals and flowers. Not great but it's my drawing so means more
    image_zpsc77b558d.jpg

Advertisement