Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First gear, no power when starting

• 03-07-2014 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi guys,

As per the title, I have noticed recently that when starting at a red light (engine is warm) i pull the throttle but it takes a couple of second before it takes off.

As if there was no power at all for one or two seconds and then it's fine.

I had the bike serviced back in December, any idea what could be the reason?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭robot7080

What bike is it?

If its a carbed bike then they could need cleaning / balancing - were these included in the service you got?

The fact that it struggles at the low revs could mean its running lean so you might have a vacuum leak somewhere - is your idle speed erratic at all?

I would also of course check the spark plugs, petrol tank vent pipe, air filters etc. first though as it could be any of them also.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 PlayerA

Hi thanks for the reply robot, it is an injection (cbr fs 2001).

The idle seems fine no specific needle movement that I have noticed so far but i will have a closer look.

It does feel like its running lean i am going to do further testing to confirm the feeling.
    Also I was thinking maybe cheap gasoline could have leave dirt in the tank.. I am not very experienced with mechanic so ill seek help from friend to help me have a look through it.

Advertisement