Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inset Stove Budget

• 03-07-2014 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Dear all

I am pricing inset stoves at the moment. My budget is 2k for stove, installation, flue etc. and I am not making mch progress.

Could anyone recommend an inset stove that would fall within my budget?

Stove would only have to heat a small room. For me, correct installation is vital so would not look for savings in that department.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Lord that's load's, I'm putting in a boiler insert and stove is costing €1650 stratford eb16 and intsillation is €1,330. This is a good bit of work compared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭coathanger

We got the Stanley insert stove Cara ,cost €950 & installation cost €250,it came with its own flue piece,it does depend on whether you need extra piping to go up the chimney,mine was lined.The installation guy did an absolutey fabulous job & was immaculate job,coouldnt fault him,if you need any more details.Pm me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭therealmccoy

Dofarrell wrote: »
    Dear all

I am pricing inset stoves at the moment. My budget is 2k for stove, installation, flue etc. and I am not making mch progress.

Could anyone recommend an inset stove that would fall within my budget?

Stove would only have to heat a small room. For me, correct installation is vital so would not look for savings in that department.

Thanks in advance

Thats a very sizable budget. It'll depend on the size of the room and the fireplace/opening you have. Lets assume its a standard opening 16"-W and 22"-H. Do you have a square opening for the Inset? or is it a curved/horseshoe cast iron piece?

If your room is 15ft x 15ft then a 5kw would be ok. Pricewise, you'd get a cracking stove, Henley Apollo 5kw for about €650.

Flue; you can either connect to your clay liner for about €120 worth of flue. (45deg bend, straight piece and reducer) OR you can put in a flexible flue from the stove to the top of your chimney. This is a double skin flexible pipe which, using an adaptor, will connect to the stove and you'll have vermiculite insulation poured around the liner and a cowl on top. Cost price to end user would be around €250 (for a 6m kit) and €350 (for a 9m kit) this will include the liner, insulation, adaptor and cowl. (An anti bird, rain and downdraught cowl be best).

Installation then, assuming everything is straight forward, you be about €350 for a professional Install.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Dofarrell

Thanks all

That's good advice.

One of the issues I face is fact that a stove won't fit into existing fireplace, so that creates additional work.

I have been looking at a stove from Dik Guerts (seems like a reputable manufacturer and I've received a very competitive price) but I will also look at the Apollo.

Advertisement