Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Old Mans Pub in Dungarvan?

• 03-07-2014 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Any tips for nice old fashioned grubby old mens pubs in Dungarvan? No chrome or cocktails please!

Also, where's the best late bar or club for the later hours? (I understand chrome and cocktails may have to be tolerated here)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,325 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Waterford, Dungarvan, or Wexford? Do you even know where you want this pub to be?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Spins

Doh!
    Question edited, definitely want the pub to be in Dungarvan?

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

I just saw this thread on the main page and my instinct was to post The Village Inn in Abbeyside (my dad's family are from there) as I remember that being the archtype old mans pub but it seems there's new management there now so not sure if it still has the same charm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

I just saw this thread on the main page and my instinct was to post The Village Inn in Abbeyside (my dad's family are from there) as I remember that being the archtype old mans pub but it seems there's new management there now so not sure if it still has the same charm.

I haven't been in a long while, but can't imagine it changed that much. Go around the corner to Alice O' Connors too.

In the square try The Enterprise and Paddy Foley's.

For late bar/club afaik your choice is Davitt's or Creation/Minnies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Very different pub now.

Downey's is a grand pub. Also the Enterprise and Paddy Foleys or the Tudor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

The Enterprise or Paddy Foleys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

deisedevil wrote: »
    Very different pub now.

Downey's is a grand pub. Also the Enterprise and Paddy Foleys or the Tudor.

I wouldn't call Downey's an old man's pub - probably because it's my local and I'm refusing to believe I'm an old man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

noby wrote: »
    I wouldn't call Downey's an old man's pub - probably because it's my local and I'm refusing to believe I'm an old man!

Your right. It's not quite an ould mans pub to be fair. Older crowd than the Anchor I suppose but not just ould lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Spins

Thanks for all your suggestions. We had a great time in Dungarvan.

Advertisement