Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PayPal Receiving Limits - Problems!

Options
  • 03-07-2014 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if any of you have had experience in getting PayPal's receiving limits lifted?

Right now, our account is capped at €2500 which we're rapidly approaching. The website requested that I upload a copy of my passport and a bank statement, which I did. That was a week ago and still nothing. No change.

At this point I'm actually trying to delay orders - the last thing I want is the account frozen and our money stuck in the mud. I've tried emailing and gotten no response. Also tried to phone today but the gave up after 20 mins of waiting.

Does anyone remember how long it took PP to lift their limits? Any hassle?

Cheers,
    Dean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Give them all the docs they ask for, and then pester them by email/fax/phone

I gave them scans of:

My Drivers Licence
    My Passport
    My Personal Credit Card Statement
    My Business Bank Statement
    My Business Registered Business Name Application Forms

What more could they want?

They still didn't lift it, so I put the above text into 25 point text and faxed it to them. Eventually they lifted it. Poor customer experience and my preference is to use another solution like Stripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

Trojan wrote: »
    Give them all the docs they ask for, and then pester them by email/fax/phone

I gave them scans of:

My Drivers Licence
    My Passport
    My Personal Credit Card Statement
    My Business Bank Statement
    My Business Registered Business Name Application Forms

What more could they want?

They still didn't lift it, so I put the above text into 25 point text and faxed it to them. Eventually they lifted it. Poor customer experience and my preference is to use another solution like Stripe.

I actually have a Stripe account which I verified using my passport (if memory serves).

Can I ask whether you've been required to jump through similar hoops with them?

I'm considering leaving PP once and for all. The fees seem similar for both but my customer experience with PayPal has had me banging my head against a wall more than once.

Cheers,
    Dean

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Stripes customer service is far superior, you do need to verify but they're far more efficient than PayPal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

Trojan wrote: »
    Stripes customer service is far superior, you do need to verify but they're far more efficient than PayPal.

I think I'll switch. I think PayPal need to get their act together. An interruption to merchant services is the perfect way to lose business customers - one at which they're excelling.

Cheers for the help!

- dean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Try calling them at 1800 94 4575 - This connects to Blanchardstown or Dundalk and you'll probably speak to an Irish guy who will get things done quicker.

This is local email - business-support @ paypal.co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭cgriffin

Dean0088 wrote: »
    I think I'll switch. I think PayPal need to get their act together. An interruption to merchant services is the perfect way to lose business customers - one at which they're excelling.

Cheers for the help!

- dean

Dean I would not make a rash decision on this. The admin needed to change you account is a pain the the backside but once it is done you can withdraw to your bank account everyday if you wish.
    Think about your customer as opposed to how bad the customer service from paypal is.
    Whilst I commend what the lads at Stripe are trying to do Paypal is still a household name and people trust using it.
    If two sellers have the same product at the same price I would imagine still in the majority of cases the buyer will opt for the seller who has has a paypal payment option ahead of the one that doesn't.

Advertisement