Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help wiring dawn to dusk light

Options
  • 03-07-2014 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Can you help me. I'm trying to wire a dawn to dusk light and I dont have any instructions. Its not working have i missed something?

I'm guessing ...

1) sensor is broken?
    2) Should earth be in there somewhere?
    3) A multi-meter confirms that there is 230 going to both sides of the terminal block.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Steve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Ok try this. Disconnect the brown wire in the bottom middle connector and also the red wire. On your multi-meter do a continuity check between these two wires. If you don't get continuity I'd say your sensor is broke. Was the light wired already or did you just make a stab at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Sorry for my late reply. I was away this weekend.

An electrician did it along with some other work in the house but the light has never worked. The only change I have made is I disconnected the earth because I assumed with plastic housing it shouldn't be there. I'll try what you suggest.

Can I ask if the sensor i have is a standard size? Are they generally? Just want to get on that will fit the light.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Probably be as handy to change the whole fitting. Let me know how you get on

Advertisement