Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CER Consultation Paper re Regulation of Electrical Contractors

Options
  • 03-07-2014 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭

The present system where there are two regulatory bodies, RECI and ECSSA, comes up for renewal in 2016.

The CER seems to be leaning towards having only one body going forward, similar to the RGI for gas installers.

The whole framework is up for discussion at the minute, I know that many regulars here have strong views about self-certification for example and controlled/restricted works.

The CER have published a consultation paper which outlines their thinking and they are inviting submissions, so now is your chance. 25th July is the closing date.

The document can be downloaded here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Quote from link:
    In 2015, the CER expects to embark on a competitive tendering process to appoint one or more Electrical SSBs for a fixed term period commencing January 2016 onwards

Am i of the thinking here that it may be possible that ECSSA and RECI may no be an SSB for the CER after Janurary 2016 if another SSB gets the tender?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭solargain

Or will they both join forces.

When RECI started they were out to help contractors , cannot say that was the way it ended up

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Hoagy

CER proposed decision is available here

As predicted by many, they propose to have only one SSB from 2016.

They are also proposing to change the ETCI's funding away from certificate sales and put them under the financial control of NSAI.

I gather the ETCI won't have any of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭frankmul

Hoagy wrote: »
    They are also proposing to change the ETCI's funding away from certificate sales and put them under the financial control of NSAI.

I gather the ETCI won't have any of that.

It might suit ETCI , I would say revenue has dropped dramatically since the boom.

Advertisement