Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom bill issued when order was cancelled

Options
  • 03-07-2014 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hello

I previously posted here about having problems with my getting broadband working in my apartment it work for one day and stopped.

I called into my local store in galway and nobody could help me I was told somebody would call me and talk me threw what ever techinical issues I was experiencing. I would of been happy to pay for a technican to call out if needed I felt I was being very patient and understanding and I knew from a previous experience that it would take a few days forthe line to switched on.

Two weeks and 2 more visits to the store went by, still no internet just a box in the corner that I would switch off and on several times a day with no dns light showing. So then I began to call....

I dont know what it worse the customer service reps or the hold music (god damn maroon 5 and lilly allen) but I got no where. nobody could help me or no requests for callbacks nothing! Everytime I called I had to explain myself again and again it was depressing. I called everyday after work for a week until I finally gave it and cancelled. The rep said I would not be charged anything and to hold onto the box and that was it no apology nothing. I took his word that it was cancelled and requested proof via email or post to confirm.

So the reason for the post is I arrived home today and instead of a cancellation letter I got a bill for 73 euro for a month of Interent I never really used.

Im not going to pay for this and want someone to sort this out I am sure there is other people out there who have been done over by eircom too!

As I am writing this I am listening to lilly allen again hoping someone picks up the phone and actually deals with my problem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Lavdogg

Update

I got nowhere with them last night and I called again this morning.

Eircom are now trying to charge me 400 to cancel my account as the person who help cancelled left no notes on system that I called to cancel can some please help me!! I am going mad here!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Lavdogg wrote: »
    Hello

I previously posted here about having problems with my getting broadband working in my apartment it work for one day and stopped.

I called into my local store in galway  and nobody could help me I was told somebody would call me and talk me threw what ever techinical issues I was experiencing.  I would of been happy to pay for a technican to call out if needed I felt I was being very patient and understanding and I knew from a previous experience that it would take a few days forthe line to switched on.

Two weeks and 2 more visits to the store  went by, still no internet just a box in the corner that I would  switch off and on several times a day with no dns light showing.  So then I began to call....

I dont know what it worse the customer service reps or the hold music (god damn maroon 5 and lilly allen) but I got no where. nobody could help me or no requests for callbacks nothing! Everytime I called I had to explain myself again and again it was depressing. I called everyday after work for a week until I finally gave it and cancelled. The rep said I would not be charged anything and to hold onto the box and that was it no apology nothing. I took his word that it was cancelled and requested proof via email or post to confirm.

So the reason for the post is I arrived home today and instead of a cancellation letter I got a bill for 73 euro for a month of Interent I never really used.

Im not going to pay for this and want someone to sort this out I am sure there is other people out there who have been done over by eircom too!

As I am writing this I am listening to lilly allen again hoping someone picks up the phone and actually deals with my problem.
    Hi Lavdogg

If you would like to PM me your eircom account number I will look in to this issue for you.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement