Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reporting to the ICB

Options
  • 03-07-2014 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the right section, or if I'll win any friends on this one...

How does a Company go about, or can a company go about reporting an individual to the Irish Credit Bureau.

Just issuing 60 day & 90 day Non Payment notices & it was mentioned that if we could threat affecting credit score they might sit up and take notice.

After all, eFlow have a radio ad about it!!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AvonEnniskerry

Yes, I had seen that. But does membership mean they can view everyones rating without paying €6. Does membership mean that only they can affect your credit rating.

It did not state any of that on that page, or here before you just paste that too.

I was hoping for a constructive answer that would at least help me understand the situation.

I notice National Roads Authority t/a eFlow aren't on it, but advertising that they can affect your rating.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭jsd1004

Yes, I had seen that. But does membership mean they can view everyones rating without paying €6. Does membership mean that only they can affect your credit rating.

It did not state any of that on that page, or here before you just paste that too.

I was hoping for a constructive answer that would at least help me understand the situation.

I notice National Roads Authority t/a eFlow aren't on it, but advertising that they can affect your rating.

Your rating with THEM.. Same as all utility providers

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AvonEnniskerry

jsd1004 wrote: »
    Your rating with THEM.. Same as all utility providers

Sorry I dont understand that in regards the OP, we are a company, offering standard 30 day payment on works done, so would be like a utility provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭CrookedJack

Sorry I dont understand that in regards the OP, we are a company, offering standard 30 day payment on works done, so would be like a utility provider.

JSD is saying that utility company's and eflow et al are not members of the ICB, so they can not change a persons ICB rating. When Eflow says non-payment my affect your credit rating they mean it will affect your rating on their own internal system, how they themselves rate your credit worthiness. Not your ICB score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

I don’t think there is any way a company can actually affect your credit rating outside of getting a court judgment which is what e-flow do.

http://www.pierse.ie/m50-barrier-free-tolling-faq/
    . I REFUSE TO PAY THE FINES - WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?

Under the Bye-Laws for the M50 (between junction 6 & 7) dated July 2008 any person who passes through the M50 toll location is liable to pay the appropriate toll and any person who fails to pay the toll is guilty of an offence.

If a toll and default tolls remain unpaid – the matter is then handed to us at Pierse and Fitzgibbon Solicitors as we are the legal enforcement agency responsible for collecting fines.

A Toll Violation Notice is issued notifying you of the fines due and owing which is your final opportunity to pay before legal proceedings are issued against you.

If the Toll Violation Notice is not paid within 7 days of the date of the Toll Violation Notice a Civil Summons is issued to commence proceedings against you in the District Court. The summons will specify the venue the hearing will occur i.e. Courthouse, and the date and time of the court hearing. This Summons will be served on you.

You – being the Defendant then have 2 options:-

Defend the claim, by sending a Notice of Intention to Defend to both the Plaintiffs Solicitor – Pierse Fitzgibbon Solicitors, Market Street, Listowel, County Kerry and also the Clerk of the relevant Courthouse. Please be aware the matter will then be listed to be heard in Court and you will have to appear in Court and prove your case.
    Ignore and let the matter proceed to the next stage which may result in a Judgment being issued against you.

You might note that you being the Defendant will be liable to pay the Judgment costs once it has issued.
    10. WHAT JUDGMENT MEANS

“If a credit search is done against your name and a Judgment appears this will affect your credit rating and will make getting a loan or mortgage more difficult.”

Once Judgment has issued one or more of the following will happen:

Judgment may be registered in the Central Office of the High Court, which will result in the Judgment being published in Stubbs Gazette.
    Judgment may be placed in the hands of the Sheriff for seizure
    An Instalment Order may be obtained against you
    A Judgment Mortgage may be registered against any property you might own.

If a credit search is done against your name and a Judgment appears this will affect your credit rating and will make getting a loan or mortgage more difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

ICB is essentially a credit reference service for the financial services industry. Commercial interests that provide credit ratings have their own databases on which they record judgements and the data from their own 3rd party debt collecting activities. There are a host of these companies operating out there.

If you are unable to collect your debt yourself, go to one these companies ... there is no shortcut to damaging the delinquent debtors credit rating. Any such idea would lead to massive abuse and would be a legal minefield for damages.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Buttercake

Is this an ongoing problem with a client or a one off? have you tried Stubbs Gazette demand letters?
    http://www.stubbsgazette.ie/demand_letters/order

I used it before on a number of occasions and got payment straight away

Advertisement