Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancellation Fee

Options
  • 03-07-2014 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Inquiring as to what my cancellation fee would be for my broadband? I've unfortunately 10 months left on my contract off this abysmal service. 45euro a month (for first 6 months 60 afterwords) for under 1mb Broadband most of the day and a phone I didn't even want. Unless I'm awake at 1AM in the night or on during the morning it's not worth the time of day

EDIT: Midnight now, .72Mb/s. Can barely watch a video on youtube without it stuttering.

EDIT: Sorry I'd like to the retract part where I said you have to be awake at 1Am to get good speeds. .95Mb/s at the moment, on a good day (Rarely) above 6.0Mb/s.

Absolute joke of a service, gone down hill in the last 2 years. Used to be reliable but now every tom, dick and harry is stuck on un-upgraded exchanges which can't handle the demand.

I can send account details once a rep arrives. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

neasyerac wrote: »
    Inquiring as to what my cancellation fee would be for my broadband? I've unfortunately 10 months left on my contract off this abysmal service. 45euro a month (for first 6 months 60 afterwords) for under 1mb Broadband most of the day and a phone I didn't even want. Unless I'm awake at 1AM in the night or on during the morning it's not worth the time of day

EDIT: Midnight now, .72Mb/s. Can barely watch a video on youtube without it stuttering.

EDIT: Sorry I'd like to the retract part where I said you have to be awake at 1Am to get good speeds. .95Mb/s at the moment, on a good day (Rarely) above 6.0Mb/s.

Absolute joke of a service, gone down hill in the last 2 years. Used to be reliable but now every tom, dick and harry is stuck on un-upgraded exchanges which can't handle the demand.

I can send account details once a rep arrives. 

Hi neasyerac

If you would like to PM me the account number I can look in to this for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

Sure thing, That's sent there now Alan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

neasyerac wrote: »
    Sure thing, That's sent there now Alan
    Hi neasyerac

I can confirm that as your account is only recently opened the early contract cease fee (if ceased today) stands at €574.18.

I've tested your your line and connection for issues and I can confirm are no issues externally or internally. All eircom broadband packages are provided on the terms of 'up to' the advertised and supplied speeds. While I can understand that speeds of 1MB can be disappointing I can confirm from tests I've run that your speeds do go above this and can fluctuate.

The reason for the fluctuation is because the exchange your line is connected to is not upgraded to NGB (next generation broadband) and congestion at times will be inevitable - this is expected and subject to the conditions of the provision of your broadband service.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement