Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quick question about unlocking...

• 03-07-2014 11:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Just a very quick question. I've requested my iPhone 5s to be unlocked by meteor, that's grand, they've requested the unlocking from Apple. But something in the email this morning didn't make sense:

"This contains the correct settings for the new network operator, which also includes the operators' 'Network Lock'.

This means that your iPhone will then become locked to the new network.

Once the syncing is complete your phone is now ready for use with another network operator.

If you need to unlock your iPhone again you will need to contact the network operator the phone is now locked to. "

Will it relock to whatever sim I put into it? I got my iphone 4 unlocked by three a few years ago and I've had no issues.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭mcw92

I've never heard of an factory unlock that locked to the new network.

If they are requesting the unlock through apple then it will be unlocked to all networks for good, no matter what sim you use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭jamesd

Ignore that once it's unlocked it's unlocked.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It's hard to believe how stupid, as companies, Meteor and eMobile are. No matter how many times they are told......
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057224915

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Apple don't know what there at sometimes.I was I the USA at apple getting a few bits then decided to get a 50$ iTunes card and the guy would not sell it to me as I needed a USA iTunes account and an address in the USA.So put everything back, went in to Game stop next sore no issue 50$ iTunes card and an iPad mini for $199 one mans loss is another man gain.Get the iPhone unlocked it will be unlocked to all networks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

I have just received the same email as the one above! Do I just follow the steps given and just ignore the bit where it says it re locks? As in I want to unlock phone but use the same eMobile sim. If I put in a 48sim and unlock I should be able to switch back to eMobile after the unlock ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Yes as others have said follow the steps upto the point it says about the phone relocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Just thought I would update.

Phone is unlocked and I am able to switch sim cards without problems. Thanks for your help everyone. :)

Advertisement