Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SKY TV reactivated my account without my consent.

Options
  • 04-07-2014 9:41am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Absolutely fcuking livid this morning. A few days ago, Sky called me to see if I'd be interested in returning for 9 months free. I said I may consider it but I would need to have an engineer call out because we have issues receiving a number of our channels.

I told the rep that I might consider it pending a call out from an engineer to see if the issue coule be resolved. I told them I did not want an engineer call out until I locate my Sky card and the rep said ok.

Out of the blue a couple of days later, I received a text saying that your engineer would be out at a certain time that day (I was working and there was no way I could meet). I rang the engineer and explained the situation and he said this wasn' the first time this has happened.

This morning I receive a letter thanking me for rejoining Sky! When I ring, I have to wait 12 minutes and that costs about 4 euro.

Surely, they cannot legally sign me to a contract when I do not consent?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

sound like an over zealous sales person.

make a formal complaint through their website, give time the call etc.

also call your bank and make sure the d d is.cancelled, sky can activate one based previous instructions.

I made a complaint online and I was called by a senior service something or other who sorted the issue quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

FutureGuy wrote: »
    This morning I receive a letter thanking me for rejoining Sky! When I ring, I have to wait 12 minutes and that costs about 4 euro.
    What number did you call?
    Any time I've ever called Sky, I pressed **00##.. someone would answer within seconds, no exaggeration!
    I often do it when on hold with companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

FutureGuy wrote: »

Surely, they cannot legally sign me to a contract when I do not consent?

Usually when you "rejoin" sky there is no contract as such, just need to give 31 days notice when cancelling.

Advertisement