Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€30 credit if you switch to Electric Ireland online!

Options
  • 04-07-2014 9:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

If you switch to Electric Ireland online between now and 5th August, you can avail of €30 off your first bill.

Switching to Electric Ireland for electricity alone entitles you to a 13% discount off units used, plus a further 2% discount for online billing (eliminating paper billing).
    Switching to Electric Ireland for Dual Fuel (electricity and gas) entitles you to a 10% discount off units used on each fuel, plus a further 2% discount each for online billing.

Direct debit mandatory.

And now a €30 bonus in addition to the above, once you make the switch online! Here’s where to switch: http://elec.ie/SwitchSave

If any further info/assistance is needed, we’re on Boards Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm!

Regards,
    The Electric Ireland Boards.ie team

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

Hi folks,

If you switch to Electric Ireland online between now and 5th August, you can avail of €30 off your first bill.

Switching to Electric Ireland for electricity alone entitles you to a 13% discount off units used, plus a further 2% discount for online billing (eliminating paper billing).
    Switching to Electric Ireland for Dual Fuel (electricity and gas) entitles you to a 10% discount off units used on each fuel, plus a further 2% discount each for online billing.

Direct debit mandatory.

And now a €30 bonus in addition to the above, once you make the switch online! Here’s where to switch: http://elec.ie/SwitchSave

If any further info/assistance is needed, we’re on Boards Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm!

Regards,

Any compelling bribes to persuade current customers to stay with ElecIre?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Auld-Yin wrote: »
    Any compelling bribes to persuade current customers to stay with ElecIre?

I was about to write this...any other providers giving deals to switch from EE ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Good morning,

Existing Electric Ireland customers can also avail of 10% off electricity units and gas units each, plus a further 2% off each for having online billing.

Existing customers who just have electricity can avail of a 6% discount off units, and a further 2% discount for having online billing.

If anyone would like us to check their account, do send us a private message with your account number, name, address and telephone number.

Regards,
    Una

Good morning,

Existing Electric Ireland customers can also avail of 10% off electricity units and gas units each, plus a further 2% off each for having online billing.

Existing customers who just have electricity can avail of a 6% discount off units, and a further 2% discount for having online billing.

If anyone would like us to check their account, do send us a private message with your account number, name, address and telephone number.

Regards,
    Una

In a previous communication you confirmed; "4% discount off units used has now been applied to your account for paying by direct debit...".

If I was a new switching customer I would get; "13% Direct Debit Discount" and a 'switching bonus' of €30.00. Taking the bonus into account over a period of one year the effective discount is almost 16%.
    :o No compelling bonus to stay!
    :rolleyes: Can I close my account at 09:00 on a nominated day and start new account at 09:01 same day to avail of what would be an extra 12% for one year?

I haven't mentioned the 2% for on-line billing because I don't use it. I would probably print my bills and possibly other pertinent information for hard copy filing but my printer would not be as efficient as yours, so in my case it is probably more environmentally friendly to receive paper bills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Auld Yin,

Thanks for your post.
    Auld Yin wrote:
    In a previous communication you confirmed; "4% discount off units used has now been applied to your account for paying by direct debit...".

That would have been the best offer available at the time. At the moment, existing electricity-only customers can avail of up to 8% off our standard rates; 6% for direct debit and a further 2% for direct debit.
    Auld Yin wrote:
    Can I close my account at 09:00 on a nominated day and start new account at 09:01 same day to avail of what would be an extra 12% for one year?

Closing your account and re-opening it again on the same day with the same provider wouldn't break the continuity of your contract. And if you were to switch to another provider, you would need to remain with them for a minimum of 20 working days before being able to switch again to somebody else. If you would like to discuss your options further, please do call our sales team on 1850 30 50 90. 

If you have any other questions we'll be happy to help.

Regards,
    David

• Advertisement

Hi Auld Yin,

Thanks for your post.

That would have been the best offer available at the time. At the moment, existing electricity-only customers can avail of up to 8% off our standard rates; 6% for direct debit and a further 2% for direct debit.
    Sign me up now for 6% for direct debit and a further 2% for direct debit, or do you mean existing customers who are not signed up at present.
    You have my details.
    Closing your account and re-opening it again on the same day with the same provider wouldn't break the continuity of your contract. And if you were to switch to another provider, you would need to remain with them for a minimum of 20 working days before being able to switch again to somebody else. If you would like to discuss your options further, please do call our sales team on 1850 30 50 90. 

If you have any other questions we'll be happy to help.

Regards,
    David
    The closing & opening of accounts was not serious which I thought the 'sarcastic' :rolleyes: smiley would suggest. Seems as though smilies are decorative rather than functional. !:confused:!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Auld Yin,
    Auld Yin wrote:
    Sign me up now for 6% for direct debit and a further 2% for direct debit, do you mean existing customers who are not signed up at present.
    You have my details.

Yes, I should have clarified; my apologies. Existing customers who are not currently in contract to another price plan can avail of up to 8% off our standard rates for electricity. I've sent you a PM too relating to your own account.
    Auld Yin wrote:
    The closing & opening of accounts was not serious which I thought the 'sarcastic' :rolleyes: smiley would suggest. Seems as though smilies are decorative rather than functional. !:confused:!

I answered that part mainly for the benefit of onlookers, who may not have been aware of the 20-day rule when it comes to changing suppliers. And also because I was only 90% sure you were being sarcastic. :)

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

Okay, but no incentive to renew agreement, so...

• Registered Users Posts: 35 jofree2roam

does this apply to new customers also?
    Hi folks,

Direct debit mandatory.

And now a €30 bonus in addition to the above, once you make the switch online! Here’s where to switch:If any further info/assistance is needed, we’re on Boards Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm!

Regards,

Hi jofree2roam,

Yes, this offer is for customers who switch from another supplier to Electric Ireland online.

Regards,
    Una

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 jofree2roam

Hi jofree2roam,

Yes, this offer is for customers who switch from another supplier to Electric Ireland online.

Regards,
    Una
    Great when i move at the end of the week I'll switch online!! Thanks Una!

No problem Jo - thanks for your interest.

This offer ends 5th August.

Kind regards,
    Una

Advertisement