Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 18), Jul 4-6, 2014

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Win for Bohs, or a lose, or draw,. I don't know at this stage.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Our crap defence vs their crap strike force, our lethal strike force vs their decent defence, this one will be won in the middle :D

Is Mc Phail fit?

Expect Fahey Chambers Brennan would prefer Bolger Chambers Brennan tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Looking forward to a trip to Longford, can't afford to lose! Pity the buzz is gone thanks to the Board so can't see half the crowd or atmosphere compared to last time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Win for Bohs, or a lose, or draw,. I don't know at this stage.

We haven't won a match in Munster since 2009 apparently...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Bohs are away so they should win...

SPA are one side Croly has an ok record against when he has eleven men on the pitch, it's really important it would seem to keep eleven men on the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

dfx- wrote: »
    SPA are one side Croly has an ok record against when he has eleven men on the pitch, it's really important it would seem to keep eleven men on the pitch.

Hope you have at least 7 sent off, might give us a chance in Tallaght next weekend. Dundalk players seem to lose focus in last game in Derry with one eye on European trip. Will need to up their performance big time if we are to get anything against Rovers

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

2-1 to Bohs! Get in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

2-1 to Bohs! Get in!

Last minute special!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

If Bohs could convert that away form to home form they'd be zipping up the league in no time.Also noticed from that match that Dinny Corcaron missed another peno.

Drogheda didn't concede six and Bray are starting to slip

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

If Bohs could convert that away form to home form they'd be zipping up the league in no time.Also noticed from that match that Dinny Corcaron missed another peno.

It was a good save to be fair.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Derry need to start winning league games, and move up the table a bit.

Hopefully we can carry some of the form we showed the other night in Europe to Athlone.

@ShamrockRovers: All @stpatsfc fans tickets are sold, no admission to other parts of @tallaghtstadium to away fans.”

Rovers seem to have an issue with Pats fans in the home end.

it'll be interesting what happens if SPA score or they break their cover in the home end like last season

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Up to 6th for the moment :eek: we're fecking flying!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Up to 6th for the moment :eek: we're fecking flying!

It wasn't pretty but I'm willing to overlook all the usual shíte in favour of savouring a big 3 points away from home to one of our bogey teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Rovers seem to have an issue with Pats fans in the home end.

Few of them took over reserved seats in home end of West stand before and were abusing home fans, including a pensioner, for trying to get into their seats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭lavine7

Fantastic game at the CCS, Longford running out easy 3-0 victors despite missing countless opportunities!

Squad is looking a lot stronger going into the 2nd half of the season then it has in recent years when we've been found lacking during the run-in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Hugely satisfying win, even if Rovers served up truly brutal fare for about 20 minutes after Pats' goal.

One moment tonight from Gary McCabe impressed me almost as much as his goal (which was great). When McPhail got himself stupidly sent off, and everyone else was losing the head, he went to the bench, got instructions on what to do, and relayed them to his team-mates so everyone could keep things tight. Never imagined him playing that leadership role last season or the season before, but he seems to be knuckling down in a serious way. Which is fantastic, because it's always been attitude rather than talent holding him back. Also notable that he put a shift in defensively - helping probably the weakest link in our back line to nullify Forrester - while still causing Pats a few problems.

A lot of reminders tonight of our failed low-rent galacticos policy over the past two years. Even players like Chambers, who didn't disgrace himself, brought up bad memories of 'dream teams' lacking mental fortitude. If we hadn't been forced to tighten our belts, we'd probably still be handing over silly money to guys after a single good season - thank jaysus those days seem to be behind us.

With the exception, that is, of Zayed. That lad's smirk, shrug and arms-in-the-air stance irritate me like nobody else. In his time on the pitch, he broke out of a leisurely trot three times. His marker, who looked at least two stone overweight, was first to nearly every ball. What is his purpose on the field? He doesn't hold the ball up, he doesn't run in behind defenders, he doesn't link up play, and he doesn't even seem interested in getting into scoring positions. It's telling that we played just as well with ten men and him off the field than we did with 11 men and him ambling aimlessly about the place. He's the one hangover from our policy of giving huge contracts to talented-but-lazy players, and his only value is as a reminder of how futile that approach is.

With a pacey, confident forward, we'd be well on our way to a comfortable league win. As it is, we're still in contention thanks to inconsistency among the top teams, and a much-improved team attitude.

Zayed wasn't a problem tonight, the supply to him was atrocious, hoofs from McPhail and McCabe and Finn out of position to him on his own is pointless. Creatively Rovers were shocking, they weren't picking him out for him to even have a chance.

Hugely satisfying to spoil Pats' young lads big night out of the season. I do hope none of them halfway down the steps for Conan Byrne's header didn't slip up when he missed.

Forrester took advantage of Madden and Finn going forward and Fagan was looking threatening. Then Buckley substituted them for Kavanagh and Quigley heh. Brennan was more interested in getting Rovers players sent off than trying to get a goal, he tried to goad Kenna too. Foran should've been sent off too.

Cornwall was absolutely immense against Conan Byrne, completely stopped him.

• Advertisement

Cracking game yesterday, Mc Phail and Fahey are complete empty heads.

We should have equalised at the death and rovers should have wrapped it up.

I assume the Pats fans in the home end were not "abusive" this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Come on...Sligo!

There I said it. It has been a long time since any Rovers fan wished Sligo to win a throw in, let alone a match.

Athlone 0 - 1 Derry

Stupid time to play that match yesterday all LOI games should have been today.

Terrible attendance because of it.

Another rocket from Patrick McEleney today, long distance free kick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Just in from the match and thought Athlone were the much better team and were very unlucky to not even get a point. In fairness though, what a strike for Derry's goal, although Skinner should have done much better.

YEah listening to it, it sounded like we were generally poor, especially the 2nd half.

But its 3pts, and we need all we can get.

Ebbs wrote: »
    Come on...Sligo!

There I said it.

I still couldn't go that far - a draw would be fine..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

What the hell happened in the Harps - Rovers B match? Half the population of Donegal got sent off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

didnt make it up but our lack of discipline is hardly a new story unfortunately. The board had Ollie in and told him to sort it & in the longford match before the break they were tame to say the least, short lived however

also i see Ruairi Keating came on as a sub for Sligo today, looks like that killed any hope of a return for him. Still plenty of room for improvement but certainly one of the most hard working loan players iv seen. tremendous attitude, he should do well & sad to see him go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

overshoot wrote: »
    didnt make it up but our lack of discipline is hardly a new story unfortunately. The board had Ollie in and told him to sort it & in the longford match before the break they were tame to say the least, short lived however

I think Ollie is your problem on the discipline front. The man loses the head at every decision and this has to transmit to the players. Complete lunatic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

also i see Ruairi Keating came on as a sub for Sligo today, looks like that killed any hope of a return for him. Still plenty of room for improvement but certainly one of the most hard working loan players iv seen. tremendous attitude, he should do well & sad to see him go

Looked bright in the few minutes he got. Hopefully he'll play longer on Thursday.

oldyouth wrote: »
    I think Ollie is your problem on the discipline front. The man loses the head at every decision and this has to transmit to the players. Complete lunatic

yea apparently he got his marching orders for telling the 4th official the ref bottled it only giving a yellow to a shams player... Again wasn't there but he had sent of 3 players at that point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Did he not put it in the same place as against Athlone? Somebody to just tell Dinny to blast it and stop trying to place it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Massive game in Tallaght now next Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

yea apparently he got his marching orders for telling the 4th official the ref bottled it only giving a yellow to a shams player... Again wasn't there but he had sent of 3 players at that point.

I will say that I think Callanan has improved in the last couple of years. He used to be atrocious but now he just has the odd poor game. Surely to God, we don't have the roughest league in the world? It is a rare event now for a game in LOI to finish 11 v 11. Generally speaking, I think the refs are to blame for the most part

oldyouth wrote: »
    I will say that I think Callanan has improved in the last couple of years. He used to be atrocious but now he just has the odd poor game. Surely to God, we don't have the roughest league in the world? It is a rare event now for a game in LOI to finish 11 v 11. Generally speaking, I think the refs are to blame for the most part
    yea they are terrible, he is getting woeful reviews for his performance on the forum. theyre far too quick to show cards and blow for frees rather than playing advantage (when possible) and giving the player a card when it stops.
    We had 3/4 that should never have been reds. Josh Mailey first red v shels was upgraded to a 4 game ban on the refs report before being thrown out with video evidence. We do have an issue, but i think we are now stuck with a reputation & getting hit harder than we should be.

decent refs that could let the game flow would be one thing fixable by the FAI and would make a hugh difference to the spectacle on the pitch. Then again they wouldnt make as much of fines then :rolleyes:

Advertisement