Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sound recording

• 04-07-2014 10:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,923 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone advise me of a suitable piece of audio equipment to record an event for about half an hour? I am going to a family funeral but one member is in the US and cannot be there, but would very much like to hear the funeral. It needs to be very discreet, simple to use and not cause any interference to anything - just press a switch.

I don't want to have to ask around for suitable phones - we have access to an i-phone but the owner does not think it is the most suitable thing for this kind of recording. I am willing to purchase a basic piece of kit, but it will probably be a one-off use so don't want to spend a lot on it.

I will not have time to do internet shopping, any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,374 ✭✭✭✭endacl

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoom_H2_Handy_Recorder

If you're in Dublin, you're welcome to borrow mine. Exactly what you need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,923 ✭✭✭✭looksee

That is a very generous offer endacl, thank you, however I am in Waterford and travelling to the UK, so I'm afraid I would not be able to take you up on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,374 ✭✭✭✭endacl

looksee wrote: »
    That is a very generous offer endacl, thank you, however I am in Waterford and travelling to the UK, so I'm afraid I would not be able to take you up on it.

Pop into a local music shop if you get a chance. Most will carry something similar. They're generally staffed by decent people. They may have a display model they might lend/rent under the circumstances. No harm in asking.

Sorry for your loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

You can pick up a Zoom H1 in most music recording stores for around €90. It is around the size and shape of a mobile phone and runs on AA batteries, recording to a micro SD card.

Advertisement