Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Race Series: Fingal 10k

Options
  • 04-07-2014 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭

Doesn't seem to be a thread for this yet. I've run a lot of the race series over the past couple of years but haven't done this one yet, so not familiar with the route. What's it like? Don't see a trace in the race profile thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

I think this was last year's route
    http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/237112203

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Yes that was it all right. I ran it last year and will be running it again. My time last year was horrendous compared to most of my other 10k efforts, so I'll be aiming for a massive improvement!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Looks flatter than I expected!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭ooter

Got my PB there last year,if you're used to 10k's in the phoenix park you'll find this a lot easier.
    Avoid public transport if you can,absolute nightmare trying to get back in to town after the race last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

It's the same course as last year, which is a much better course that the 2012 one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

Signed up last night for this..along with the rest of the series. Got my PB here last year, enjoyed the course actually and liked running somewhere different. Not sure if I'll be taking any more off the PB this year but looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Closing date for this is tomorrow for anyone interested in running.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭colin32

I've signed up for this and the 10 miler in phoenix park. hope to do better than my last 10km, which was the great Ireland run. Had a nightmare of an afternoon :(

colin32 wrote: »
    I've signed up for this and the 10 miler in phoenix park. hope to do better than my last 10km, which was the great Ireland run. Had a nightmare of an afternoon :(

How bad?

I was looking to break 50 minutes but ended up doing it in 57 minutes, 5 minutes off my pb

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭MKDTH

Looking forward to this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭krafty

MKDTH wrote: »
    Looking forward to this :)

Me too. Signed up for the full race series + Dublin marathon, but missed the 5 mile with calf pain.

Presume from the race website that Pavilions shopping centre car park is big enough to cater for the big numbers taking part?
    colin32 wrote:
    the great Ireland run

That's a tough route. Shop around for a flat 10K, and you'll get that sub 50 mins.

krafty wrote: »

That's a tough route. Shop around for a flat 10K, and you'll get that sub 50 mins.

I know but 57 minutes :( i'm doing this on sunday & hoping it'll be a bit easier, followed by the 10 miler in the race series, then I have the great north run in September

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭eoinín

krafty wrote: »

Presume from the race website that Pavilions shopping centre car park is big enough to cater for the big numbers taking part?

yes, its quite a big car park. There were no problems finding parking last year. There is a charge for parking though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

eoinín wrote: »
    yes, its quite a big car park. There were no problems finding parking last year. There is a charge for parking though.

First 2 hours are free.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Just a reminder that number swaps are not permitted on this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Most people park free of charge in the several retail parks on your way into Swords from Dublin. It's about 1/2 mile from the start/finish line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

I registered for this at the last moment (6th of July). Still haven't received my number. Has everyone else received theres? Will probably arrive today or tomorrow but if not I may need to contact someone!

Well I got my numbers for the whole series all together as usual - but I'd registered well before the first event. I'd be confident it will arrive during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,626 ✭✭✭✭28064212

TRR wrote: »
    I registered for this at the last moment (6th of July). Still haven't received my number. Has everyone else received theres? Will probably arrive today or tomorrow but if not I may need to contact someone!
    I registered July 5th, got my number last Friday

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

3rd year of this race, 3rd year I have had a number for it, and 3rd year I dont be doing as I will be away :(

This will be my 2nd 10km event. I'm still only a total newb so I'm not expecting anything spectacular. Looking forward to it all the same and I'll have my new GPS watch by then :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

TRR wrote: »

Registered close to the deadline myself...4th or 5th and got my number a couple of days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

laura_ac3 wrote: »
    Registered close to the deadline myself...4th or 5th and got my number a couple of days ago.

+1. Got my number last Thursday or Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

yaboya1 wrote: »
    +1. Got my number last Thursday or Friday.

crap, if they're not here today I'll make a call tomorrow. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

I typically entered at the last minute as well. Got mine a good few days ago. Give the a bell TRR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

colin32 wrote: »
    I know but 57 minutes :( i'm doing this on sunday & hoping it'll be a bit easier, followed by the 10 miler in the race series, then I have the great north run in September

I'm hoping for a sub 50 in this as well. Damn monkey on my back needs to be gotten rid of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

eoinín wrote: »

Parking in the pavilions is free from first 2 hours, then €1 per hour there after.

Added incentive to get back to the car after warm-up / down and the race...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Guys, NO NUMBER SWAPS! I've had to delete a few posts now, warnings will be handed out next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 ftoolio

Route looks flat, small climb @ 9km. Wishing everyone running it all the best, hoping for a pb myself, sub 36 and I'll be over the moon.

Advertisement