Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help. Neighbours Ivy Is Infesting My Garden.

• 04-07-2014 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a huge problem where both my neighbours on either side of me have Ivy plants growing on the party walls. Both neighbours are getting on a bit but they have never looked after their gardens and allowed the Ivy to go wild. I do my best to keep it cut back on my side. I even had to employ someone to come and remove Ivy that had grown up the house on my side.

Lately I have noticed it has started to grow up through my patio. And I have found some starting to grow in the front garden. On one side it is the full length of the wall and on the other side it has started to grow all over my shed.

Both neighbours are unapproachable and basically don't care about the the ivy growing onto my property.

Is there anything I can do to a) Control it better b) Can I poison the ivy growing on through my patio/garden?

Any help advise would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Tannywanny

Hi all,

I have a huge problem where both my neighbours on either side of me have Ivy plants growing on the party walls. Both neighbours are getting on a bit but they have never looked after their gardens and allowed the Ivy to go wild. I do my best to keep it cut back on my side. I even had to employ someone to come and remove Ivy that had grown up the house on my side.

Lately I have noticed it has started to grow up through my patio. And I have found some starting to grow in the front garden. On one side it is the full length of the wall and on the other side it has started to grow all over my shed.

Both neighbours are unapproachable and basically don't care about the the ivy growing onto my property.

Is there anything I can do to a) Control it better b) Can I poison the ivy growing on through my patio/garden?

Any help advise would be greatly appreciated.

It is an absolute nightmare. I recently bought a house and back garden was covered with it. Tried to dig it up. Roots going half way across garden. Bought some chemical plant killer not sure if it will work.

Tough one for you though being in another garden.

Advertisement